Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

2005 JDM Hawkeye STI

Old 07 June 2018, 12:09 PM
Dreep
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 2005 JDM Hawkeye STI

Picked this car up back in September 2017, originally had my 2010 WRX-S which I enjoyed but understood I was going to have to spend quite alot of money in the suspension department to even have remotely handling well so when this came up locally I snapped it up.

It's originally a Litchfield car so it has quite alot of goodies on it.

Engine :

LM400-S60 turbo
Litchfield turbo heatshield.
Litchfield 800cc injectors
Milltek Downpipe
Milltek Cat-Back w/ sports cat
3 Port boost solenoid
Cosworth panel filter
Walbro 255LPH

Suspension, Brakes & Tyres :

DBA 4000 T2 front discs
DBA 4000 T2 rear discs
Carbon Lorraine RC5+ front pads
Hawk HP cermaic rear pads
HEL Brake lines

Whiteline 22m Front ARB - Adjustable
Whiteline 22m Rear ARB - Adjustable
Whiteline Anti-Lift kit

Bridgestone RE070s

Exterior / Body :

Front lip
Zunsport lower grille

Last edited by Dreep; 07 June 2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09 June 2018, 05:28 PM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice mate similar setup to my spec c. Love the 400 series turbo
Old 14 July 2018, 12:53 AM
Dreep
Scooby Regular

So I managed to get myself a tasty set of coilovers for the car courtesy of SumoPower!

After a fair bit of research I opted for the HKS Hipermax IV SP's, they are the more track-orientated coilover of the two options offered by HKS. Most people opt for the GT's but it certainly doesn't feel overly hard or harsh on the road as you may expect, especially with Jap branded coilovers!

Overall I'm very happy with the outcome, these coilovers are handbuilt in Japan with the ride heights and spring preload already being set. They are also set to being as close to being corner balanced as possible (which has been proven to be within 1% much to my initial disbelief), so in reality theres no need to adjust them at all. Ride height looks perfect IMO.

Got an initial first alignment done at my work, I swapped over the top mounts from left to right for better castor adjustment and also did the 'free castor mod' to the ALK pin. Now running approx +7 degrees of castor! The steering feel has dramatically changed and the dead centre feeling has now gone - what a huge improvement! Having said that I've lost my adjustment for camber by switching the top mounts so I'll need to revisit that at a later date with camber bolts for the fronts.

I also got one of my Recaro SPGs installed too, need to get another rail sorted for passenger side SPG to go in too.

Old 15 July 2018, 11:11 AM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look great. I particularly like the snow picture.
Being a JDM, is it a 2.0 rather than a 2.5?
Old 15 July 2018, 12:21 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Savage car
Sumo power ar brilliant to deal with
Old 15 July 2018, 01:17 PM
Dreep
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cambs_Stuart
Look great. I particularly like the snow picture.
Being a JDM, is it a 2.0 rather than a 2.5?

Thanks, yeah thats right.

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
Savage car
Sumo power ar brilliant to deal with

Cheers, yeah will deffo look to get a few more parts off them in future, ideally trying to source a Tomei Expreme at some point so wonder if they can get their hands on them for a decent price.
Old 15 July 2018, 02:46 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Dreep
Thanks, yeah thats right.

Cheers, yeah will deffo look to get a few more parts off them in future, ideally trying to source a Tomei Expreme at some point so wonder if they can get their hands on them for a decent price.
i considered a Tomei, but there were a few bad reviews about welds cracking, and only 1 year warranty. Invidia make a mandrel bent pipe in titanium for similar money, Tarmacsportz or H tune
Old 31 December 2018, 04:35 AM
Dreep
Scooby Regular

It seems I haven't really updated this for a while.

I ran into some misfire issues at high RPM a while back, so I fitted a new set of NGK 7 plugs and a new fuel filter before realising the fault was being caused by a dodgy coilpack.
Without any misfire detection fault codes being stored, I had to resort to replacing a coilpack one at a time until the fault was rectified. Time consuming and obviously, it would have been the final coil I went to that would turn out to be the culprit wouldn't it?

With the above fault finding being quite annoying, I bought an old ECUtek Delta Dash dongle from Russell (Wuz) on here. It's handy tool to have for live data logging, fault code reading and even road dyno runs. Although, first time round using the software/cable turned out to be a bit of a cluster**** . I had a fair few problems getting the software running on my computer to begin with, it seemed the old installation files on the original supplied disc did not like an x64 operating system. After realising the Delta Dash files were still up for download on the ECUtek site which my computer would support, I thought I was onto a winner, that was until I updated the dongles license.. Delta Dash was still having problems not recognising the dongle/cable, so after hours of trying to understand why it still wouldn't work, I gave in and contacted ECUtek.
After a few emails and phone calls to Lucan @ ECUtek, the issue was rectified. Despite saying it's no longer supported as it had been replaced by ProECU, they still spent a crap load of time with me to try and brainstorm what went wrong. It turned out the newer license (which is for ProECU) was causing communication issues for the old Delta Dash software and the dongle/cable would require reverting back to the old style license. I sent down the cable/dongle to ECUtek and it was sorted - FOC might I add! Voila, we now have a functioning Delta Dash! Absolutely over the moon with the top class service from Lucan and the team at ECUtek, it speaks volumes of their customer service and I would definitely recommend them.

I'm now taking the car off the road next year to get a number of upgrades done. I'm looking into a custom Chevron / OD turbo build on my current LM400 to squeeze some more power from it and a front mounted intercooler of some sort. Looking to achieve rough figures of 450 - 480bhp dependant on fuelling.
Old 31 December 2018, 11:57 AM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Nice! Nice spec too
Old 11 March 2019, 07:42 PM
KMaciek
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it 2.0 or 2.5, and when you hit 1bar? At what rpm?
Old 11 March 2019, 08:47 PM
Marky1968
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your car looks awesome mate, lovely lovely lovely,,,,,

Love the pic of your car parked next to the BMW outside Starbucks coffee shop, nice and shiny,
makes the BMW look very dull
Old 11 March 2019, 11:05 PM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

nice! good spec coming along too