Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2019, 09:25 AM
FrancescaAK
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK2000 Wagon Colours

Hiiii

New here!!

I have a UK2000 wagon in paint code 74F, originally imported from the Netherlands brand new. Having crashed it at the start of the year (I know!!), I have struggled to find a facelift front bumper in that (or a similar) colour...not to mention, having scoured the fields at Japfest and other shows, as well as groups on Facebook, it seems there aren't a lot of that shape / colour wagons in the UK, if any? Anyone else got one? I see them in silver, red and green all the time, and a lot of pre-facelift ones, but not in that colour.

Looking for wagon friends!
Old 22 May 2019, 09:42 AM
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Same bumper as the P1...The wagon one isnt different from the coupe or saloon version. There are some about uncut ones are even more difficult to find. I have a spare JDM one that I was planning to fit to my R..

I dont remember seeing a 74F V6 UK/Euro Wagon before but i'm sure there must be more.
Old 22 May 2019, 09:53 AM
FrancescaAK
Scooby Newbie

I thought this would be quite a common car when I bought it, I have had it about a year now and never seen another one so started to wonder if I was on my own!

I've found a bumper the same in Scotland, annoying as I'm Bournemouth and we have to go the other end of the country for it but it'll be worth it to have it back looking like that, it's got a green pre-facelift one on at the moment and it makes me so sad
Old 23 May 2019, 07:03 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I used to have one years ago, afaik the colour was only available through other European dealers. Shame really as so much nicer than mica blue. It was a reasonably popular thing to do at one point, sure it was Quentin Wilson on Top Gear championing the idea to the masses. Order a UK spec car from a euro dealer and save money. You’d have to go over and collect it and drive it back. There were some tales of this mentioned on here back in the day.

Strange thing about finding mine was it was literally 5 mins down the road from me and the guy had owned it years, I’d never even seen it about. Car is long gone unfortunately. But on a tangent... I still have the tritium key fob he gave me with the car & it’s still glowing (must be 12-14 years I’ve had it). Introduced me to the wonder of tritium, I didn’t even know what it was for years. I’d get up in the night and look down the stairs and think why the F is that glow in the dark fob still glowing so bright haha.

A mate of mine had a sonic blue turbo 2000 saloon, again was a Euro import, looked great on original 18” P1 wheels with P1 front lip fitted and the normal 2000 turbo rear spoiler.
Old 23 May 2019, 07:13 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Jeez this is hard work
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ohPlMgc.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	72433  
Old 23 May 2019, 07:14 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Rear

Old 23 May 2019, 07:34 PM
FrancescaAK
Scooby Newbie

Ahhh how crazy that’s like looking at my own car!! Just with different wheels 😂 bet you’re sad yours has gone now? Crazy about the keys! Mine was owned by a mate of my old boss, I walked into work one day last year and saw a pic of it on his screen, I’d always loved scoobies and estates especially, so I asked him about it and he said it was for sale and the rest is history! Kinda assumed I’d bought something super common but turns out not!
Old 23 May 2019, 09:03 PM
Laupy
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm pretty sure this is the wagon I currently own. Just about to go into the bodyshop for some bodywork and a respray. X149 HJB?

Originally Posted by jameswrx
Rear

Old 23 May 2019, 10:02 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Small world.
Old 24 May 2019, 07:28 PM
scooby kid
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Import car parts sell the bumpers new less than £200 only way I’d go , buy a used bumper spend ages sounding it down and getting straight , buy new no real prep
Old 24 May 2019, 07:34 PM
Laupy
Scooby Regular

ICP currently out of stock of v5/6 front bumpers. I've been waiting a while, ever time I call it's always "two weeks out" and I've been calling for the last three months.

Originally Posted by scooby kid
Import car parts sell the bumpers new less than £200 only way I’d go , buy a used bumper spend ages sounding it down and getting straight , buy new no real prep
Old 25 May 2019, 01:13 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Laupy
I'm pretty sure this is the wagon I currently own. Just about to go into the bodyshop for some bodywork and a respray. X149 HJB?
Sounds about right. Have you had it long? Glad to hear it’s still alive.
Old 25 May 2019, 04:51 PM
Laupy
Scooby Regular

About six years now. Two years ago I removed all the suspension, powdercoated the subframes and control arms and replaced all the bushes with Superpro. Sitting on KYB AGX with springs from 2pot. Front wishbones are now Alloy STi items with roll center correction kit attached. Brakes got changed at the same time for Brembo two pot rears and AP six pots up front. Gearbox swapped out for a v3 RA unit with DCCD, using a MapDCCD to drive it. Arches are going now so they are getting cutout and that random bit of rear damage in your pictures is being sorted.
Old 25 May 2019, 04:57 PM
woody_294
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FrancescaAK
I thought this would be quite a common car when I bought it, I have had it about a year now and never seen another one so started to wonder if I was on my own!

I've found a bumper the same in Scotland, annoying as I'm Bournemouth and we have to go the other end of the country for it but it'll be worth it to have it back looking like that, it's got a green pre-facelift one on at the moment and it makes me so sad
Surely there's enough people on here to do some sort of relay? Car meets like JapFest would be a perfect opportunity for people handing on the baton (bumper)
Old 19 April 2022, 12:50 AM
rossalexjones
Scooby Newbie

Jeez this is hard work
I bought this car from you lol
Old 19 April 2022, 12:52 AM
rossalexjones
Scooby Newbie

Jeez this is hard work

Old 22 April 2022, 11:44 AM
Laupy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossalexjones
So you bought it from James, did I buy it from you? or are there other owners? I've had it about 9 years now