Notices

Blobeye HID wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2019, 09:31 PM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Blobeye HID wiring help

I've recently bought a blobeye after my bug got ran into and written off (don't worry, I kept it, it's in my grandads garage with plans to rebuild in the summer next year)
It came with a hid conversion (not just hid bulbs in standard surrounds before anyone jumps on that bandwagon of hatred lol) that's wired up completely wrong, I've rectified what I can but upon doing some research it appears it's missing a relay harness as if I have both low and high beams connected high beams come on with low.

Right now I've just got low beams connected so I can at least drive in the evening without blinding oncoming drivers.

So, I know I need a relay harness for the low and high beams to work as they should, but tbh I'm unsure of which harness I need as from what I've read it can't be done without one, if it can, please enlighten me.
Can someone who has hids post up the harness they use and which should be what I need or a wiring diagram of said harness so I can make my own? I'm proficient with a soldering iron so if it'd be vastly cheaper than buying a pre made one I have no issue doing so

I have 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts per side, the ballasts have the usual 2 pins for the bulb and 2 pins for ground/power.
The factory harness and connectors are intact and unmodified

Any help is appreciated
Thanks guys
Old 08 May 2019, 10:19 AM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

I'll reply later when I have more time or you can search my previous threads.
Old 10 May 2019, 10:31 AM
MrRtm
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Cheers pal, I'll have a scroll through your threads over the weekend and see if I can find what I need