Defi racer gauges

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2019, 02:00 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Defi racer gauges

hi,

has as anyone has any experience in wiring up defi racer series gauges ?. I’ve just bought boost, temp and pressure gauges but have never wired them in. I have heard that you can piggy back the gauges using the add-a-fuse system but is this suitable for all 3 of the gauges ?. I’m using the vent gauge pod on my car so running the wires from the fuse box shouldn’t be an option. Just didn’t know if anyone had any pics of how they installed their gauges.

Cheers
Old 04 April 2019, 05:59 PM
hackisfun
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matty81
hi,

has as anyone has any experience in wiring up defi racer series gauges ?. I’ve just bought boost, temp and pressure gauges but have never wired them in. I have heard that you can piggy back the gauges using the add-a-fuse system but is this suitable for all 3 of the gauges ?. I’m using the vent gauge pod on my car so running the wires from the fuse box shouldn’t be an option. Just didn’t know if anyone had any pics of how they installed their gauges.

Cheers
I just installed the wiring to my prosport ones. I was looking at the add in fuses and then decided against it. these gauges have power link so all 3 linked and then one main power source so made it a little easier.

I've used the dash clock as all 4 wires needed are in 1 easy to locate place. the wiring looks crude but is functional and safe. I'll get a few pictures over the weekend.
Old 04 April 2019, 06:15 PM
Matty81
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hackisfun
I just installed the wiring to my prosport ones. I was looking at the add in fuses and then decided against it. these gauges have power link so all 3 linked and then one main power source so made it a little easier.

I've used the dash clock as all 4 wires needed are in 1 easy to locate place. the wiring looks crude but is functional and safe. I'll get a few pictures over the weekend.
Cheers mate . I’ve been speaking to a guy on another forum who installed pro’s aswell and he said he daisylink cabled his, which connected all his gauges together. Wasn’t sure whether defi’s allowed the same kind of connection also.
Old 04 April 2019, 06:42 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

https://www.defi-shop.com/installati...connection/rg/