Front fogs not working

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2018, 07:09 PM
Will.wr1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front fogs not working

Hi guys,

I recently bought myself a wr1 and found that the front fog lights don't work. Yes, I do have the headlights on. I press the switch and it doesn't light up nor does the symbol light on the dash. It's unlikely that both bulbs would go and the fuse is good, so I would say it can only be the relay or the switch. So my questions are, where is the relay located and how do I test it? And, once I have the switch out how do I test that?

Also, if anyone has a good condition l/h PIAA front fog light for a wr1 at a reasonable price, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Many thanks, Will.
Old 15 July 2018, 07:21 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Piaa's weren't fogs, they were driving lights, and were wired to come on with main beam?

The OE fogs were branded SUBARU.
Old 15 July 2018, 08:18 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

As above the WR1 has driving lights.
They will be, AFAIK, rewired similar to the driving light kits supplied by Prodrive..........
MY03 Impreza Driving Lights pdf
Old 15 July 2018, 08:52 PM
Will.wr1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, got them working, genuinely thought they were fogs so only tried on dip, but now we're good to go! Thanks again, Will.
Old 16 July 2018, 10:20 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

LOL, at least they are of use now. The fogs are a waste of space.
Old 31 July 2018, 06:02 PM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Will.wr1;12018396]Hi guys,

I recently bought myself a wr1 and found that the front fog lights don't work. Yes, I do have the headlights on. I press the switch and it doesn't light up nor does the symbol light on the dash. It's unlikely that both bulbs would go and the fuse is good, so I would say it can only be the relay or the switch. So my questions are, where is the relay located and how do I test it? And, once I have the switch out how do I test that?

Also, if anyone has a good condition l/h PIAA front fog light for a wr1 at a reasonable price, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Many thanks,
piaa are like rocking horse poo for the WR1 and expensive when they come up as they are discontinued.
what number you bought?
Old 31 July 2018, 06:56 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

[QUOTE=silver sonic;12020737]
Originally Posted by Will.wr1
Hi guys,

Many thanks,
piaa are like rocking horse poo for the WR1 and expensive when they come up as they are discontinued.
what number you bought?
Try reading the document linked in post #3