Cleaning Inside of Headlight - Blobeye

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2017, 11:32 AM
WRX2017
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Inside of Headlight - Blobeye

Hi,

My blobeye headlights are pretty murky in the inside. I've polished the outside of the headlights so I know that the problem is in the inside.

I was going to open them up using the de-tangoing process and give them a thorough clean inside.

However, I read elsewhere that you shouldn't touch the inside lens of the headlight as this will damage the UV coating and make the haziness even worse.

Has anyone cleaned the inside lens before? I'd hate to open them up and make it worse!

Cheers.
Old 08 April 2017, 12:27 PM
scotty boy 80
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested in this myself, mine were de tangoed when I bought the car and there a bit of a mess inside now too
Old 19 January 2018, 10:40 AM
Strugs
Scooby Regular

Bit of a bump for this one - mine are getting increasingly hazy.. Is possible to get replacement glass (if I was to remove the glass to fit headlight projectors, or example), or is it possible to clean the inside once the glass is off?
Old 19 January 2018, 11:56 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Clean it. Headlight cleaning kits for plastic lights available online, car accessory shops or Hell Frauds.
Old 19 January 2018, 12:44 PM
Strugs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Clean it. Headlight cleaning kits for plastic lights available online, car accessory shops or Hell Frauds.

Any recommendations? The Meguiars 'One Step' kit seems to get good reviews? I'd imagine they're all much of a muchness?