Notices

Interior light stays after closing doors

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2017, 11:12 AM
7ype 7hornley
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior light stays after closing doors

Hoping someone can help me with this. My interior light seems to be stuck in the on position. I changed the bulb last week and now when the switch is set to the middle position the light comes on and stays on? It will turn off if I move the switch to off and visa Versa comes on when switched to on. I have removed the bulb and disconnected the wiring plug and then reconnected and it is still doing it.
Really doing my head in as I just have to leave it in the off position at the minute. Any advice would be great, cheers.
Old 21 November 2017, 12:40 PM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

We’re you replacing it because it was blown or for an led upgrade?
If the old bulb was blown you probably have a faulty door pin switch (broken or shorted).
If you were upgrading the bulb i.e it worked before you changed the bulb, the metal tang in the light unit must have got bent onto the earth.
Old 21 November 2017, 04:14 PM
7ype 7hornley
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the reply,

I changed it for an led one it hadn't blown just didn't like the full yellow bulb. I've since tried both bulbs again and they both work but like I say when it's in the neutral position the light just defaults to on. Could you expand on your answer as the metal holders are fine and aren't resting on anything so unsure what's gone on?