Notices

Need help making a coil connector adapter

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2017, 04:19 AM
biggman100
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help making a coil connector adapter

To make a very long story short, i swapped a 1998 2.2 into a 1997 Legacy Outback, that had a 2.5. The car has the charcoal canister under the hood, but, the car the 2.2 came from didnt, so, i swapped the wiring harness and vacuum lines from the original 2.5 to the 2.2, and installed the engine. When i went to hook up the 2.2 coil, however, the plugs are different, so, i have the pigtail from an old 2.2 coil, and the pigtail from an old 2.5 wiring harness. I just need to figure out how to wire the two together, so that the 2.2 coil pack will be able to connect to the 2.5 wiring harness. The 2.5 has a small grey 3 wire pigtail, with, going from left to right looking at the top of the plug, a yellow, a red, and a blue wire, in that order. The 2.5 pigtail, which also has 3 wires, in order from left to right are red, yellow, and blue. What i need to know is, how do i connect the wires together to make it work without burning up the coil or ECM? Do i go by wire color, or do they hook up in order from right to left, or some other combination? I added pics of both pigtails, so as to get a better idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0002-2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	22396   Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG0003-3.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	22397