Notices

Reconnecting battery and alarm sounds

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2017, 03:59 PM
kit_townley
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reconnecting battery and alarm sounds

Hi, I am new to the Subaru club having bought myself an 05 type uk sti a couple of weeks ago.

However have had it stored in the garage as am at university and came back yesterday to a flat battery. Charged battery and gone to connect it then alarm sounds and key does not stop it. Is there anything I can/should do when reconnecting my battery to avoid the alarm going off? If not do you have any ideas of how to fix it? I have tried turning the key whilst alarm going off and the dashboard lights are all flashing and car wouldn't start.
I have tried using the pin the previous owner gave me and has not worked, have also tried connecting battery with keys in the ignition as was also suggested on a forum.
Really want to get this sorted as would like to get out in the car but don't want to do anything that would cause settings to change in the alarm system, as if I can't start it I hope nobody else can! I am now already looking into buying a CTEK to trickle charge battery for whilst I'm away from home.

Many thanks

Kit
Old 19 February 2017, 08:09 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Do you have a remote at all? Is the battery in that OK?