Notices

STIs in donnellys

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2007, 11:42 PM
markymark34
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STIs in donnellys

Daz and I had a trip to donnellys today to look at the 3 STIs they got in.
If anyones interested
03 - blue STI PPP - got bad vibes from it but it was fun to drive! 23k miles - £15999
03 black STI - tinted windows, very LOUD exhaust (didnt look too hard as i want a blue one) £15995
04 STI - seems pretty standard, nice car 24k miles - £16995!
All come with a 1 year warranty (and knackered rear struts (which they will fix ))

managed to batter the prices down a bit but is it just me or do these prices seem far too high!?

Anyone else that goes and has a look let me know what you think.

mark
Old 20 March 2007, 11:50 PM
daz4065
Scooby Regular

Either they have a dim wit buying those cars at a premium or they can lower prices when you show them cash. You just need Eastwood to come up with a few and you will be landed.

I am sure that the second hand STI's must have taken a price drop when they started that £3000 worth of free fuel with a new buy!

There is better out there and we will find it
Old 21 March 2007, 09:19 PM
scoobybhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markymark34
Daz and I had a trip to donnellys today to look at the 3 STIs they got in.
If anyones interested
03 - blue STI PPP - got bad vibes from it but it was fun to drive! 23k miles - £15999
03 black STI - tinted windows, very LOUD exhaust (didnt look too hard as i want a blue one) £15995
04 STI - seems pretty standard, nice car 24k miles - £16995!
All come with a 1 year warranty (and knackered rear struts (which they will fix ))

managed to batter the prices down a bit but is it just me or do these prices seem far too high!?

Anyone else that goes and has a look let me know what you think.

mark

Mark, I was down there today to take a look and the most they would shift on price was £200

I will never deal with those useless ***** ever again, I mean £16 grand for a 4 year old car

Gonna go an give Eastwoods my custom I think or else buy from england!

BTW, has anyone here ever bought from england and brought their car home?

Would you recommend or had you any problems
Old 21 March 2007, 09:35 PM
bigsigh
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They foned my about the black one too cuz i had enquired about one the week before, but as soon as i heard the price i wasnt interested.

I bought my evo5 in england (yorkshire) and drove it up to the boat (troon) to come home, there was no problems with it at all, bit annoying to retax it like, but that was just the belfast office being *****. Just make sure you get a detailed description , and an HPI check and maybe RAC check too and plenty of high res pics from all angles. I got a great deal tho and would def def buy in england again.
Old 21 March 2007, 09:42 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Default Overpriced STI's

Personally I think Donnellys are way overpriced. I will admit that by buying from a main dealer you do have a certain safety net if anything goes wrong.

As an example, I changed from MY99 Turbo 2000 on friday of last week. bought a MY05 STI with PPP and 6k on the clock privately for £17995. It came with a host of extras including a WRX plate, mats and flaps, DVD headunit, Bailey dump valve, valet and service. And for an extra £400 the seller gave me the original Bridgestone Potenzas with less than 600 miles on them AND a brand new HID light kit that had never even been fitted.

Unless its brand bew and using their finance,I found Donnelly's looked down their noses at me when I went in and tried to sell me cars I didnt want at overinflated prices.

Am well happy with the new purchase and it still has the remainder (nearly 20months) Subaru warranty on it.........
Old 21 March 2007, 10:28 PM
scoobybhoy
Scooby Regular

Brocks, did you go to england for your motor mate???

sounds like a beautiful motor you have
Old 21 March 2007, 10:48 PM
gary0377
Scooby Regular

i got a 2003 sti from donnellys 2 and a half years ago the car was £19500 i traded my 99 uk turbo in they gave me £8500 and i dripped the rest.
i agree they are dear but i was happy with the deal i got as the car was a
belter!
i took it back 2 them last januay and they got it sold 4 me 4 £16000
Old 22 March 2007, 12:02 AM
markymark34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobybhoy
Mark, I was down there today to take a look and the most they would shift on price was £200

I will never deal with those useless ***** ever again, I mean £16 grand for a 4 year old car

Gonna go an give Eastwoods my custom I think or else buy from england!

BTW, has anyone here ever bought from england and brought their car home?

Would you recommend or had you any problems
daz and i managed to get over a £1000 off the price! got the 04 one down to £15600 from £1699 and the 03 prodrive down to 15k from 15995.

did you get a test drive?

Think its england for me as well. I had to register my current car and it was just an extra form at the DVLNI so no major hassle. Guess its making sure the car is exactly what you want before driving over.

The guy in donnellys said that he had 6 people coming to see the cars on tue night will be interesting to see if someone buys them.
Old 22 March 2007, 12:36 AM
daz4065
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markymark34
daz and i managed to get over a £1000 off the price! got the 04 one down to £15600 from £1699 and the 03 prodrive down to 15k from 15995.

did you get a test drive?

Think its england for me as well. I had to register my current car and it was just an extra form at the DVLNI so no major hassle. Guess its making sure the car is exactly what you want before driving over.

The guy in donnellys said that he had 6 people coming to see the cars on tue night will be interesting to see if someone buys them.
This is what Donnellys do. Last feb when i bought my last sti i had a real pain in the ar*e with them. They deliberately inflated the price, initially gave very little away. I went to Eastwoods who showed me the absolute bottom line, which was £2200 cheaper for a cleaner sti with 7k less on the clock. All of a sudden the boucher dicks were phoning me all the time. Great deal for you sir, we will give you the car £200 cheaper than Eastwoods, with a full years service + a wrx plate. bloody good deal, but i told them to F**k off cos they were not able to tell the truth and be up front in the first place.
Old 22 March 2007, 10:14 AM
scoobybhoy
Scooby Regular

Fair play to ye daz, thats exactly what I would have done too mate!

Why couldnt they just give you that price at the time eh??

Cos they are greedy barstewards thats why.

I think donnellys over inflate their prices cos they know someone is going to go in and just get the extra over 3 or 4 years on the drip but I wont be doing that as its a cash deal for me so they can go and jump.

The worst thing of all is I had to take a half day off work to go down to see the cars after Davie the salesman told me that they would definetly budge on the price a "good bit". Got down there, didnt get a test drive cos they were getting valeted and then he proceeds to take £200 off the price of the car

Absolutely raging with them tbh and I was going to buy the wee man a subaru t-shirt and I told them to take it back cos I wouldnt be giving them a brown penny of mine. EVER!

sorry for the rant guys but you need to get these things off your chest sometimes
Old 22 March 2007, 10:33 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the bottom line - they are greedy ******, no doubt about it.

Then STI's first came to the UK (2002), I talked to donnellys about the Prodrive Style STI.
They tried too shaft me on the price, and tried to shaft me on the finance.

I did take it for a drive etc, they hounded me with calls and I ended up just telling them that I wasn't contributing to they're Christmas fund and had bought the car at Eden Cars for 2.5K less.

They cheeky ******* then caused all sort of chaos by getting Subaru UK involved etc.

Paul Donnelly - chancer!

Shaun
Old 22 March 2007, 10:47 PM
mark12
Scooby Regular

struck a cord with me there urban about PD. There's car sales men and there's car sales men............didn't like the Donnelly experience taking in customer care, support, service, parts, honesty, involvement, product knowledge, agreement...better stop there!