Bodywork repair

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2007, 06:08 PM
Roaddigger
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bodywork repair

Hi,

Just newly registered, but have used the site for a while. I have a 2006 new age WRX in Blue with 18" Superlegga wheels. Got Prodrive kit fitted a few months ago, its great. I live in NI close to Belfast.

Anyway, on to my question. Some idiot has put a dent and broke the paint work on my car with a shopping trolley. Can anyone recommend where I can get this fixed by a company that does a good job? Do not want to use a cowboy and have the paint flake off after 6 months. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 23 February 2007, 09:37 PM
mark12
Scooby Regular

I used a chap who is located just outside Carrick to carry out a repair on my scoob. He came highly recommended. Some git had put a ripple in my front wing when parking, about 8" long over the arch. He did a cracking job and I would certainly recommend him. If your interested, I'll dig out his details for you.
Old 23 February 2007, 09:46 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

I had the same done to me in the Tescos car park in Lisburn, a trolley wally pushing a load of trolleys round let one get loose and it hit the side of the car when my mrs was driving. Tescos are paying and I am getting a new door.

Anyway, I am using Des Eastwood Motors in Lisburn, they are really good, 1 of only 2 Subaru garages in NI.
Old 23 February 2007, 11:36 PM
Roaddigger
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the prompt reply guys; I only put this up a few hours ago. I would be interested in the number of your guy in Carrick, Mark12, that’s if you can find it.
It’s a small dent in the bonnet with 3 breaks in the paint like 3 large stone chips; they are no more than an inch apart.
I was in with Donnelly’s for the 10K service and ask for a quote for repair, had to chase it up 3 times and they kept saying it was to be posted out, eventually got quote from them over the phone for £275.
Apparently the do not do their own work but have Bodytech do it (Mark12 there website suggests they have an office in Carrick, was this your guy?). Any way I called to their Belfast office to find out how long it would take to do and when I should book it in, only to find that they had not even seen the car and only gave a rough estimate over the phone, I then got a proper estimate which is now £375, 3-4 days work and they are booked for next 3 weeks. I am just trying to get another quote to make sure this is a reasonable cost and 4 days seems long.
I should say that apart from the chasing up with Donnelly’s, I am a happy customer of theirs. The cost with the Bodytech guys includes a free courtesy car which is good.
Also I do know about Eastwood motors as I had my last WRX from them, but they offered me a very bad deal when I went to change, which is why I bought from Donnelly’s.
Anyway, any feedback on another body repair place would be greatly appreciated.
Old 24 February 2007, 07:11 PM
GrimReaper
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by teamheath2
Anyway, I am using Des Eastwood Motors in Lisburn
Des Eastwood doesn't do their own bodywork...it's sent out
Old 25 February 2007, 02:13 PM
mark12
Scooby Regular

I've had some bad general experiences with Donnelly’s....say no more!

It's not Bodytech in Carrick, the guy in question is Davy Corbett - Mobile 07749459924. Give him a bell and have a word with him.

I'm just off the Doagh Road in N'abbey, you can have a look at the work he done on mine if you wish.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 26 February 2007, 12:59 AM
Roaddigger
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Mark12, I will give him a ring and get back to you if he is reasonablely priced and I want to see the work on your car.

RD
Old 26 February 2007, 09:54 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't trust bodytech with a corgi car, seriously.
I've had a real bad experience with them, and that was only having a dent removed and asked for a complete machine polish.

Fecking cowboys.

I've used J&W Body repairs about 5 times, couldn't say a bad word about them.

My current car has been in with them twice recently for a new front bumper & new rear bumper thanks to two people in a Dublin hotel carpark.
Thankfully 1 of these two was honest and made the effort to contact me, the other ****** didn't.

Their number is 02890 460800, and they're in loopland park/drive - just off the Castlereagh road.

Shaun
Old 26 February 2007, 12:48 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GrimReaper
Des Eastwood doesn't do their own bodywork...it's sent out
Don't they?? Didn't realise, I'm still having it done through them (wherever they send it)
Old 27 February 2007, 10:08 PM
Roaddigger
Scooby Newbie

Shaun,

What was you bad experience with bodytech. It is Donnelly's who are recommending them. I would hope since Donnelly's are sending me to them, if there is a problem, they would stand by the work.
Anywaym thanks for the other number will check it out.

RD
Old 28 February 2007, 01:35 PM
GrimReaper
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Roaddigger
Shaun,
I would hope since Donnelly's are sending me to them, if there is a problem, they would stand by the work.
RD
Very doubtful I would actually ask them that question before you go any further
Old 01 March 2007, 03:39 AM
JJstiuk
Scooby Regular

AutoBody in Ards are excellent, used them for a wee repair and the work was flawless, wouldnt give my car to anyone else...

AutoBody - 02891 822230 Tell em Justin recommended u speak to them
Old 01 March 2007, 04:46 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roaddigger
Shaun,

What was you bad experience with bodytech. It is Donnelly's who are recommending them. I would hope since Donnelly's are sending me to them, if there is a problem, they would stand by the work.
Anywaym thanks for the other number will check it out.

RD
We'll they made a bollox of removing the dent for a start, this then left paint damage which they tried to cover up without telling me.
They didn't do the machine polish which I asked for - this then drew my attention to the repair.

Upon confrontation they denied everything.
My nephew works for a commercial vehicle parts place, and he says that he has heard loads of bad reports about them. Plus everything they purchase from them is cash on delivery - no exceptions!

A colleague in work got a spoiler painted, and mirrors coded - noticable different in paint colour.

Shaun

Last edited by urban; 02 March 2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01 March 2007, 10:23 PM
daz4065
Scooby Regular

A guy called Rankin Cook in Lisburn is the best in the market. I dented the side of a brand new golf mkv the day I bought it. Two days later it was perfect again along with a warranty etc. My wife also had a ding in a car park and Rankin made her mini cooper perfect again.

Last time i was in he was doing body work on a ferrari. He is the best. No question.

Will look up number if you want
Old 02 March 2007, 09:16 PM
Roaddigger
Scooby Newbie

than for all the feedback guys. this is great and so is this site. I will update the link when i get my dent fixed. thanks again all.
RD
Old 02 March 2007, 10:43 PM
GAWLEY
Scooby Regular

Hows it going roaddigger, I would totally agree with DAZ4065 Rankin Cook in lisburn is the best you will get. Im quite friendly with rankin and he was a neighbour of mine until recently. He has done work on all the cars i have owned from fitting bodykits to fixing various scratches and scrapes that other people have inflicted on my cars and a couple i did myself.

His number is 028 92 674 402

His work really is top class, he may be a bit more expensive than others but what you pay for is what you get and you will not be disappointed. He recently fixed a scrape on my back bumper and painted a version 6 lip for my car so if you want to have a look at the job he did on mine before you go see him just drop me a message and i would have no problem in you checking it out beforehand.