Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Anyone tried a mat set off ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2006, 03:33 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried a mat set off ebay?

Hi all

The generic mats that the lease company put in my car (10 years ago!) still work but they're a bit tatty and never fitted properly so it's about time I got some tailored ones that look and feel nice and will last. There are some on the bay which will come in at around £25 but I'm guessing these might be too cheap to be any good?

Has anyone tried some of these cheapo ones or other more expensive ebay ones and have any views? A recommended seller is what I'm after really. I'd like plain black or grey, maybe with a silver band around them, don't need logos or stainless healpads etc.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 26 May 2006, 01:06 PM
Damocell
Scooby Regular

DO NOT BUY FROM CUSTOM CAR WIZARD ON EBAY!!!!!!!

I bought some from them, £22.00 including postage, they took 2 weeks to deliver them, they fit ok but not perfectly, when I complained they did nothing so I left neg feedback. After this they left neg feedback saying I didn't pay and that I lied, then I got a withdraw neg feedback request.

I did a bit more digging - lots of people have withdrawn neg feedback from this company due to their bully boy tactics of lieing in feedback - I have informed ebay and they are looking in to it.

oh yeah I have had them about 6 weeks and the drivers side is nearly worn out already....

Moral of the story - you get what you pay for...buy the best - and always check feedback - especially withdrawn feedback.

Sorry for the rant - but I hope it helped
Old 26 May 2006, 05:34 PM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

I bought a set of mats from the dealer for around £60, the driver side one only lasted about 8 months so I decided to buy off ebay. I purchased them from picturetaker0_0 for around £30 very pleased with them and look better than the originals from the dealer. I dont think he has any auctions running for scooby mats at the moment but if you mail him I'm sure he will be able to supply some as mats are all he seems to deal in.

Link of the ones I bought, only downside is no real way of securing the drivers mat to the carpet, but easily sorted with some velcro pads.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8057918517

Naz.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:11 PM
shug 5587
Scooby Regular

Just got a set from Autostyle cost £70 with logo and heel plate about £40 without, best mats i have ever seen bit expensive with logo and heel plate but they should last as they are top quality mats i am happy with them.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:11 PM
shug 5587
Scooby Regular

Just got a set from Autostyle cost £70 with logo and heel plate about £40 without, best mats i have ever seen bit expensive with logo and heel plate but they should last as they are top quality mats i am happy with them.
Old 31 May 2006, 07:30 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice guys. I've sent a question to picturetaker0_0 asking if they can do what I'm after but not heard back yet. Will be sure to avoid customcarwizard, thanks for the warning!

Cheers,

Ben
Old 21 June 2006, 08:04 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of these, reasonable fit, fast delivery but the heel pad is showing some wear after three months, although I do 50 miles a day and they haven't been cleaned yet so the may scrub up, but they only just over £20 all in

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-IMPREZA...QQcmdZViewItem