Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Official Subaru Boost Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 1999, 02:13 PM
Simon R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone had the original, official Subaru boost gauge (mounted on the steering column) fitted to their car post-delivery?

I noticed, too late, that this was an option when ordering my STi 5 (which arrives this weekend ), but would still be interested in having the gauge fitted at a later date (once run in)

Is it worth it? What does it cost (inc. fitting)?

Any help would be appreciated !
Old 09 September 1999, 02:28 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

I havent got one yet, but i have been looking. Graham Goode sell them, they are product code GGS383 and cost 179.31GBP + VAT+delivery and maybe also a fitting kit. You may be able to get one cheaper elsewhere, but i dont know that many companies that sell the STi parts. Maybe an importer would be able to help.
Old 09 September 1999, 03:46 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

I would reccommend getting the factory original not Graeme Goode offering - only 24,000 yen and made by LAMCO - reason - it has white dial and green backlighting to match the rest of the instruments.looks less like a bolt on go faster item.
'description = 'sports single meter' in sti catalogue - should be available from most jap parts outlets or by UPS from IRS motorsports in tokyo. factory kit will also come with all the right fittings + hose + shroud to cover wires inside the car. Mine was factory fitted so don't know how difficult/time consuming installation is - sorry.

Paul W
Old 09 September 1999, 03:59 PM
Darren Soothill
Scooby Regular

I also have the Factory fitted guage which looking at it is not a factory fitted one but a dealer fit item as they left the instructions in the car for me to read when I get round to learning Japanese but the pictures that came with it explain it anyway.

I dont know where you are in the Country but if you are somewhere near me then we could meet up so I could show you the guage and installation instructions.

Darren
Old 09 September 1999, 04:24 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

The Graham Goode one is the official STi one ?????? Mounts on the steering column, white face etc.
Old 09 September 1999, 06:00 PM
Craig H
Scooby Regular

I have to say I didn't realise the one I had was the "factory" option. Looks just like anyother aftermarket, and certainly not to the quality of the Greddy.
Old 09 September 1999, 06:31 PM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Hi again,

Most of the more expensive gauges are available in white and back lit to go green (HKS, Greddy, Apexi)

I have a HKS one on my dash board. The mounting kit is superb. It has a large flexible base that moulds itself to the shape of the dashboard. Many people have commented it looks original.

Personally I place more importance on boost pressure and revs than I do on the speedo. Hence the boost gauage is just to the right hand side of the hood over the dials.

The base sticks down and isnt screwed into the dash. There is one problem with a white dial mounted on top of the dashboard, and thats at night, the face of it can reflect up onto the windscreen (head up display - cool). This can be rectified by getting a small hood for it.

Cheers,

J.
Old 11 September 1999, 03:38 PM
Simon R
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your replies, I've ordered the Goode catalogue.