Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Single din stereo

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2016, 03:30 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single din stereo

I'm looking for some recommendations on what's the best pricewise to get plus any feedback from anyone who has experience of Bluetooth/USB stereos.

Ideally I'm wanting a stereo that has rear USB and aux so I can run the wires out of sight, I want to be able to connect my iPod Classic which I'll be able to connect via aux or usb(I believe) and my phone via Bluetooth. I currently use the iPhone 5s but as far as I'm aware my phone will work with any stereo that has Bluetooth hands free calling and music streaming......is that the case? The reason I ask that is some are advertised as being iPhone friendly and others state Android, but the way I see it Bluetooth is Bluetooth.

So far the only stereo I've found that has both USB and aux at the rear is the pioneer deh-80prs......Halfords online I've found one that has one rear and front USB port but the aux is at the front.

I'll be fitting the stereo with the single din cubby hole thing with flip front, so the plan was to drill holes in the rear and run the cables through the back but if I end up with a stereo that has the aux and USB at the front then that's fine.

I don't want double din stereo as I'm wanting the extra storage below the stereo. Cheers
Old 22 November 2016, 10:27 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/iDA-X311
Have one of these brand new boxed was for my Hawkeye never got round to fitting it. Have din connector and boxed din pocket. £100 takes the lot. Can meet Glasgow if interested.
Old 22 November 2016, 10:35 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daviee
https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/SingleView/iDA-X311
Have one of these brand new boxed was for my Hawkeye never got round to fitting it. Have din connector and boxed din pocket. £100 takes the lot. Can meet Glasgow if interested.
I'll send you a PM.