Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Independent cancellation

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2001, 09:36 AM
GEJL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Rum - what's the advice on the cancellation letter received from Independent's adminstrators...? Should we return it with the cancellation date left blank, or set it to July 31st (the latest allowed, I think)? Any other things we should be specific about?

Where do things stand with your work on replacement cover? Or should I be trying elsewhere...

Cheers...
Old 17 July 2001, 10:33 PM
dont care
Scooby Newbie

also got insurance with independent on a 2 year policy,first year dont end until sep,but if it comes down to them cancelling the policy will cancel my ddb with the finance company and take my chances of getting black listed not paying for a years of insurance i aint going to get,any advice appreciated.
Old 17 July 2001, 11:39 PM
InsBro
Scooby Regular

If your policy is a a private policy the consumer credit act will protect you. You don't have to pay for something on finance that is no longer valid (i.e. Independent have filed for full liquidation) see the bottom boxed paragraph on the back of you credit agreement.

Premium credit will not have paid Independent the second years premium yet so you will not owe that.

Mail me if you want anymore information.

The cancellation letters have started arriving we have had clients who had them on Monday but I think the majority will arrive tomorrow.

Jeremy