Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone had problems with an MS90?

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2004, 01:48 PM
blp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Anyone had problems with an MS90?

Hi all.

Earlier this year I was done for a minor speeding offence. Basicly 7mph over the 30 limit at the bottom of the M275 in portsmouth, coming out of a 30 zone. This happened in a hire car, and for what ever reason it took the police (bless them) 3 months to track me down. I was taken to court, admitted driving the car, got a £60 fine. And heres the rub..also got a MS90 on my driving licence....which is failure to identify driver. Apparently this happens if they cant track the driver down within the 28 days. (remember I was in a hire car)

When I tried to get me added to my wifes car insurance with Elephant, they rejected my application due to the MS90. I also found that I was unable to hire a van from a local company, again for the same reason.

Has anyone else had simliar problems? Am I going to get hit big time when I get my scooby insured at xmas? (Its off the road at the moment)

Cheers

Brett
Old 20 November 2004, 02:49 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Seems very harsh to me!

I'd suggest you post on here - http://pepipoo.com/ - and I'm sure one of the motoring law experts will be able to advise you.

HTH
Old 20 November 2004, 03:42 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Red face

ive got a ms 90 , had it on since jan 2001 , not really noticed any difference , till i got the scoob , elephant wont insure me and when i swapped the insurance with tesco (from a golf )no problems, however when i did a full qoute without the ms 90 , it was £100 cheaper !!
what really p%sses me of is the DVLA forget about it after 4 years , but with insurance companies its 5 , just another excuse to get more money from you

see post http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=379478