Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding 17yr old on policy

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2016, 10:58 AM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Adding 17yr old on policy

Just phoned Direct line to add my son on the policy for a 2002 fiesta. Bought the car last May, for use as an emergency spare car with a view to giving it to him on his 17th birthday.

The quote to add him as a named driver on a provisional license for just under two months (until renewal) is £480. That equates to nearly three grand a year.

I thought it was usually fairly cheap to add a learner driver on to a policy. It was about £20 extra for me on my parents policy, and from what I can remember it wasn't a lot for me to add my wife when she was still on a provisional license.
Old 29 February 2016, 03:24 PM
Dvddan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was many years ago, I got my dad to insure my M3 and me as a named driver but the Insurance companies cottoned on to that years ago, it all goes off the youngest driver nowadays
Old 29 February 2016, 03:53 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Fiestas are one of the more expensive (first) cars to insure for younguns
Old 29 February 2016, 08:41 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WRXrowdy
Just phoned Direct line to add my son on the policy for a 2002 fiesta. Bought the car last May, for use as an emergency spare car with a view to giving it to him on his 17th birthday.

The quote to add him as a named driver on a provisional license for just under two months (until renewal) is £480. That equates to nearly three grand a year.

I thought it was usually fairly cheap to add a learner driver on to a policy. It was about £20 extra for me on my parents policy, and from what I can remember it wasn't a lot for me to add my wife when she was still on a provisional license.
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for learner driver insurance. We have special schemes that can run along side your normal policy and can be a very cost effective way for him to get some valuable experience.
Regards,
Dan.