ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Really need help with a Kenwood nav unit

Old 08 December 2018, 05:35 PM
HippyDib
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really need help with a Kenwood nav unit

Hello people. desperate

for a solution I hope you guys can help. I have just got my first Subaru, its a 2.0ltr 5dr hatch 2010. The problem I have is the unit was dead, after finding and replacing a blown fuse the OE kenwood nav head (FXDD07EF2) unit hasn't got the original disk and wont do anything apart from ask for it. I have spent a couple of days going in circles loosing my mind trying to find a model number that Kenwood would accept so I can download a software disk from their site or anywhere. I don't need any map data I just want the stereo to work and its driving me nuts. Please can any of you guys shed some light on the matter before I completely loose the plot and use it as a football which I really cant afford to do. Thanks in advance for any info

Darren
Old 09 December 2018, 09:03 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Most car audio Installers should be able to help you out,as I use to get my Kenwood satnav updated by Kenwood disc every few years or so for road and map changes software updates,those older model kenwoods all come with a set up disc.SJ.
Old 09 December 2018, 12:49 PM
HippyDib
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alas I don't have the set up disc and when I go to download the firmware update from, Subaru Kenwood or Garmin, the model number doesn't seem to exist. On more searching I have found the recent map update for this unit would be "Core2" but I am waiting on a reply to find out if the disc also has the system software. Thanks for the though Stonejedi