Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Replacement Double Dins that fit!

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2017, 12:39 PM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Replacement Double Dins that fit!

Hi al,l have posted on here regarding the problems I'm having getting a Pioneer double din to fit flush to the fascia in my 06 Hawk, model number is AVH-X390BT, I've 2 options really, carefully trim the fascia till it fits or return the bugger for another model, thing is if i return if and pick summit else will that have the same bloody fitment issues, so chaps post up make/models that fit straight outta the box if you would be so kind, pics of head unit be handy also, budget is 300 quid max and must have the cd slot for playing cd's, I'm old school so don't do modern tech i.e. iPod/mp3 connection/apple play and all that other confusing stuff lol cheers
Old 22 July 2017, 12:21 AM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 22 July 2017, 12:28 AM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had various badly fitting head units before trying this one, wouldn't normally be my first Brand choice but the fit is just what I was after and I like the full screen, it looks less cluttered.
It protrudes slightly but is a neat fit.
Old 22 July 2017, 06:47 AM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Im not too up on sound systems but I recently got this from Halfords and it fits perfectly without trimming anything. Sony wx-800ui. The only downside is it doesn't have Bluetooth. They do another that looks the same but a different model with Bluetooth if needed
Old 27 July 2017, 01:53 PM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pioneer in my Blob (AVH-3300BT), no fitment issues with mine. I'd like it to not be as recessed as it is, but that's because I'm being lazy and not bothering to adjust it, not the fault of the HU.
Old 27 July 2017, 02:05 PM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Ive got mine to fit flush after a fashion, sat the same as yours Dav13s to start with and that was the issue i was having, had to get handy with the dremel tho to stop it sitting recessed, no amount of adjustment would bring it forward that 5mm or so without trimming the inside of the fascia trim to allow it to come forward enough, drama over now lol cheers for the replies guy and girls
Old 27 July 2017, 02:09 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dav13s

Pioneer in my Blob (AVH-3300BT), no fitment issues with mine. I'd like it to not be as recessed as it is, but that's because I'm being lazy and not bothering to adjust it, not the fault of the HU.
Haha, mine looks the same (and I was the one who just beat you to getting the same HU from another thread on here). I used the gap to stick the cable for the microphone out, rather than having the cable strung around the cabin somewhere.