Notices
Group Buys This forum contains group buys arranged and operated by our Authorised Advertisers ONLY.

Subaru Impreza ABS Delete Kits *GROUP BUY*

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2016, 10:31 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Last edited by ossett2k2; 17 April 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 17 April 2016, 08:48 AM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of mine appear to have banjos on. Just 90 degree bends on some. I had two equal lengths with 90s on attached to a tee which I assumed was to run across back seat. The longest line with male ends I've run across the bulkhead as per original behind booster from tee to passenger wheel well, this line and tee were joined to bmc via small hose with 90 on and then other small hose to drivers wheel arch. I have two similar lengths with bulkhead fittings and 90s, these I think run to rear caliper lines from rear seat maybe following the old sensor route?? I've then got a few left to work out where to run the rear line from bmc to bias in car then on to rears, looks like one with a 90 and female could feed from the bmc to bulkhead. A lot of head scratching involved. Hope this may help some of u. I got the full bulkhead kit. Could have it completely wrong obviously.lol
Will try and put up pics when I finish work today
Old 17 April 2016, 06:10 PM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

Tee to caliper drivers side is shortest line with 90 on. Longest line with 2 males goes around booster across bulkhead down passenger bulkhead to left caliper lines. From bmc to tee was second shortest line with 90 on. I went to front of bmc simply cos they're the front brakes

Old 17 April 2016, 06:17 PM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

I drilled through the bulkhead below the clutch master from inside the car. The long bulkhead goes thru from the inside and nut goes on bulkhead side to hold in place. That I've then put behind matrix and back along tunnel to by handbrake where it connects to bias. The shortest line with 2 males goes from there to rear tee to the two equal length lines with 90s. The last 2 with bulkhead fittings (male) I'm gonna put from there to rear caliper lines 2mrw. Oh the line with the female fitting and 90 degree I've put from bmc to the bulkhead fitting below clutch Master. Hope this helps peeps. Obviously it's all just lying in place at the mo so gotta fix it down yet!!
Old 17 April 2016, 08:39 PM
Pro-Line Motorsport
Former Sponsor

Yes i have changed the kits slightly from what ossett2k2 has posted so pay no attention to that. Plus thats not a bh kit.

Good effort jody!!...looks loke you have it pretty much sussed, although the 2 lines from tee piece run along the front of rear bench rather than on top and the 2 equal lines with male 90s are for rear calliper line connection and bulheads come through the front of the rear bench to the female 90s.

The kits are designed with a few different routings in mind so really fitters choice. Jody has it pretty much spot on though!
Old 17 April 2016, 09:39 PM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pro-Line Motorsport
Yes i have changed the kits slightly from what ossett2k2 has posted so pay no attention to that. Plus thats not a bh kit.

Good effort jody!!...looks loke you have it pretty much sussed, although the 2 lines from tee piece run along the front of rear bench rather than on top and the 2 equal lines with male 90s are for rear calliper line connection and bulheads come through the front of the rear bench to the female 90s.

The kits are designed with a few different routings in mind so really fitters choice. Jody has it pretty much spot on though!
Cool, thanks for the info. Was scratching my head for a while but once you have it laid out its easy. Will run them thru front of bench as you say. Do I need to use any tape on fittings. Again, it really is a nice bit of kit.
Old 17 April 2016, 09:52 PM
Pro-Line Motorsport
Former Sponsor

Yes it is very straight forward tbh, very self explantory. The non bh standard kits are very simple.

Glad you are happy mate
Old 17 April 2016, 10:34 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro-Line Motorsport

Apologies,didn't know you had altered the kit.
I will delete my posts.
Old 18 April 2016, 03:29 PM
Pro-Line Motorsport
Former Sponsor

No need to apoligise!! Thanks for the input!
Old 21 April 2016, 07:56 PM
johnnybon
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Recieved today thanks looks a quality bit of kit
Old 23 April 2016, 05:59 PM
Philturbo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys I've fitted the kit and I've changed the bmc and the fluid for fresh stuff and now when I push the pedal down its soft and there is too much travel and they are not that great but if I push it down a 2nd time the pedal gets harder and they are better and if a 3rd time the pedal is nice and firm and they are the best brakes in the world. I have no leaks anywhere that I can find and I've bled them twice. Any one any ideas?.
Old 23 April 2016, 08:37 PM
Pro-Line Motorsport
Former Sponsor

Sounds like air, how are you bleeding?
Old 24 April 2016, 12:02 AM
Philturbo1
Scooby Regular

I'm bleeding them furthest away from the master cylinder first?.
Old 24 April 2016, 03:21 PM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Philturbo1
I'm bleeding them furthest away from the master cylinder first?.
Are you doing it on your own? I've done it on my own before, with a self bleed and thought I did ok. But then got a mate to press the pedal down whilst bleed nipple loose n got him to keep it down til I closed nipple off before he took his foot off n repeated til no more bubbles (working from furthest to closest) and the difference was unbelievable. Haven't yet got fluid thru my new setup yet as had to get on with other things.
Old 24 April 2016, 03:31 PM
Philturbo1
Scooby Regular

Not on my own no my wife has been doing the pumping on the pedal wile I do the nipples. Yeah I've bled them furthest to closest got my wife to pump pedal then hold it down then I open the nipples up to let the air/fluid out when pedal goes down to the floor I shut the nipples up again. Am I doing it right?.