Notices

!! HELP WITH BOOST SOLENOID !!

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2012, 10:29 PM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !! HELP WITH BOOST SOLENOID !!

Hi guys really hope someone can help with this problem i have somehow caused myself , basically i discovered that a couple of the hose's from the boost solenoid were looking past their best and felt rigid so i decided to replace them with some new spangly hose's but now after driving the scoob i have discovered that the turbo is now only hitting .5 where as before it hit 1.5 have i put the wrong type of hose on strength/diameter ?? or is it something else. putting the old hose's back on is not an option as they were in a bad way but i'll buy new ones straight away if someone can let me know the right ones, size and strength, as always anyone's help is much appreciated
cheers phill
Old 30 March 2012, 10:35 PM
Harmz2011
Scooby Regular

This might help.

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...edIssues#toc12
Old 30 March 2012, 11:59 PM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

Thanks harmz , very useful i think ive seen the error ive made and hopefully will be able to rectify it in the morning , i will let you know how i get on , many thanks - phill

Also from reading the document does it mean you can change the boost amount from your turbo by altering the size of the hole in the pipe(restrictor pill) or is this more difficult than it sounds can you get different size varients , surely not that easy as the hole is already pretty small??
Old 31 March 2012, 07:15 AM
Harmz2011
Scooby Regular

I think the restrictor pill size does play a part in your boost level, I've done some research on here and found this https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ctor-pill.html it has some useful information about it, you should find out what you need to know.
Old 31 March 2012, 10:55 AM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you put the pill back and in the right position?.
Old 01 April 2012, 09:32 AM
PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Scooby Regular

Hi guys thanks very much for your help, yes to start with had the restrictor pill at the wrong end !! i'm not brilliant with engines by a long chalk i know just enough to get by!!
i'm finding this scoob a whole new learning experience !i can safely say things are back to normal 1.5 boost, i still can't believe that something like that restrictor pill a small piece of pipe can massively affect the turbo performance insane!!! wonder how many people have done something similar to me and thought that the turbo has gone and have had to pay huge for a small mistake. thanks again phill
Old 01 April 2012, 10:06 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PHILLSSCOOB350BHP
Hi guys thanks very much for your help, yes to start with had the restrictor pill at the wrong end !! i'm not brilliant with engines by a long chalk i know just enough to get by!!
i'm finding this scoob a whole new learning experience !i can safely say things are back to normal 1.5 boost, i still can't believe that something like that restrictor pill a small piece of pipe can massively affect the turbo performance insane!!! wonder how many people have done something similar to me and thought that the turbo has gone and have had to pay huge for a small mistake. thanks again phill
most people google impreza boost issues and find pages and pages of the same thing so your not the first and I doubt you will be the last