Notices

a tale of fuelpumps and sigmas...

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2010, 05:05 PM
<-Wolfie->
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a tale of fuelpumps and sigmas...

Hi all!
I have a 99UK spec Impreza Turbo and I am having trouble getting the thing running!
A few nights ago I was reversing the car off the drive when it just spluttered and died, tried the normal ideas of unlocking and locking, checking the fuses etc but to no avail.
but was at this point 80% sure it was the fuel pump because I could not hear the thing priming itself.
The Next day we tested the car just to rule out the possibility of the electrics, we found we could get a reading of 11volts at the pump but only for a sec, and I my understanding of the system goes, the 6 pin brown sends a current to the 4 pin green fuel pump really to prime then switches back to the brown to keep the pump going.
we thought (HA!!) everything was fine and the pump was at fault and went and got a new pump (a Walbro) and today fitted it.
Well Guess what? Its still not working….could get a max of 4-5 V at the pump and after testing of the green relay and the brown relay they seem to be fine, I am getting a spark at the plugs so its not the ignition at fault, there is no ECU warning flashes and the key symbol on the dash is not doing anything, so my only other idea is that the Immobiliser is cutting the pump circuit.
This is where I am falling down…I know where the Immobiliser box is (next to the steering column) but I can’t see where they splice in the main FP circuit (I am guess they splice into the wires that feed to the FP relay?)
The wires on the green FP connecter block are:
Thick Black with yellow stripe = power in for FP
Thick Black with red stripe = power out for FP
Thin light green with black stripe = I believe this is earth
Thin light green with red stripe = Feed for Relay Operation, comes from the brown ign relay
Is the above right?
So really all I need to do is find where the Immobiliser wires splice in and bypass it right?
[B]Would they be on the FP feed in and out wires?
I tried to find a wiring diagram but of course cant find one that is applicable for my car…I can find a video of a monkey ****ing a frog, but to find something helpful I might as well shove said frog up my **** and put the vid on you tube….

Last edited by <-Wolfie->; 21 November 2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 21 November 2010, 05:52 PM
richgreenscooby1
Scooby Regular

alwrite fella , had the same prob , the wires cut into are by the drivers kick panal in the loom to the right off throttle pedal ....

however i opened my alarm box and there was a hole in the pcb where it controls the pump , got my mate to put some tracker wires accross it , and now its mint ...

also got another at work with same issue .

replacement sigma box was 80 quid i think if you dont now any electrician to rewire it ..
Old 21 November 2010, 07:39 PM
<-Wolfie->
Scooby Regular

I have had a thought about getting the Sigma ripped out and a Clifford CONCEPT 650 II or the Viper 500XV put in, i wonder if this would be the best way forward?

Last edited by <-Wolfie->; 21 November 2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 21 November 2010, 07:58 PM
richgreenscooby1
Scooby Regular

might be the best way , i dont know much about aftermarket alarms tbh...
just open the sigma box may be a quick fix