Notices

Questions questions questions!

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2008, 10:59 PM
backwheelboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions questions questions!

Hi all! Am new to this forum so firstly......Hello! Secondly advice please!

I currently run a '94 wrx with a few mod's but nothing major. Have owned the car twice, i liked it so much i bought it back!

Anyway, let the question's commence

First of all, what's a z4 ecu worth????

Secondly, does anyone know anything about zero-sports mapped ecu's?

My '94wrx is currently running a z4 ecu and also a td05 turbo. Now to be honest i don't really know much about this sort of thing but a mate of mine got chatting with me and happened to mention my my 'non standard turbo'? I was like, eh?

So apparently i should have a td04 and the td05 is a bigger turbo? Ok then! So then he goes on to say that i'm probably running a z4 ecu? Sure enough we look and that's what we find?!

Again, i know nothing about this but have been told that a z4 ecu and a td05 should take my wrx up to approx 260bhp although i haven't got a clue if this is true as i've not had my car rolling roaded (yet) although to be fair it's alway's been lively and have has been quicker than most other wrx's i've played with. It's no slower than my mates skylinr gts-t which has been rolling roaded @265 bhp.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the z4 td05 set up/can tell me more about it or if it's just an old wives tale?!

Moving swiftly on, have just bought a z4 ecu that's been remapped by ZERO-SPORTS and the chip say's 'Z4 BASE 2' on it. Anyone know anything about these + any idea what it's worth? I bought it on a bit of a whim really but it seemed a bargain. The guy i bought it from said it came from his wrx which had a full exhaust and a filter + was pushing 1.1 bar of boost.

NOW THEN........my plan was to get a decat downpipe (already have the centre section) plug in the ecu and get the car rolling road set up.

Now, am i mental and should i leave it well alone or should it be good for it?

To be honest my wrx has been super reliable and that's one thing i've alway's loved about it although the phrases 'More speed Vicar' and 'Risk it for a Biscuit' keep coming to mind.

So the questions.....

1, What turbo and ecu should my '94 wrx have as standard

2, What gain's/advantages should a z4 and a td05 give (assuming this isn't the standard kit for my car!)

3, If the td05 + z4 arn't standard for my car, what car/model were they from?

4, What's a standard good z4 ecu worth?

5, What's a base map 2 zero-sports z4 ecu worth?

6, Decat and ecu and set up......good idea or not?!

Thanks in advance as i know it's a lot of questions!

I did post this same thread in the wrong place and was directed here! Apologies and mods please feel free to delete my origional thread!