Notices

(i) Octane Boosters (ii) Service Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 18 December 1999, 07:01 AM
Fatbloke
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Firstly The WRX Ra like superplus unleaded (and likes 98 RON better than 97RON) better than Premium (ie. bog standard) 95 RON - really nailing it with this gets the odd knock sensor response so.....

What Octane boosters fron Premium to Super, or Premium to 100 Octane have you found sucessful?

Do you get cheaper end results using them on Premium than buying undosed SuperPlus?

I read new imports need 100 Octane!!! 5 Star petrol without lead ARGGHHHH!

ANYONE GOT THE EMAIL/FAX for SILKOLENE?

(ii) Where can I get a service manual with schedules in for a WRX Ra? I have built cooking engine from bare blocks and built/wired cars from bare shells so the application is no problem JUST WHAT DO YOU DO AND WHEN?????

Fatbloke & His WRX Ra (girlfriend thinks it's her car but it ain't really!)

[This message has been edited by Fatbloke (edited 18-12-1999).]
Old 18 December 1999, 02:06 PM
MatthewR
Scooby Regular

Silkolene Pro Boost seems to be the Octane Boost that is the favourite choice by most. You can get it from Scoobysport or some motorcycle parts shops. I believe it adds 1-3 RON depending on how much of it you use. Personally with the drop from 98RON to 97RON, I haven't noticed any ill effects on my MY96 WRX, but I'm probably going to getting some Pro Boost anyway to be on the safe side (especially when it comes to track days and frequent use of the redline ). I'd use it with 97 RON though, as it probably makes no difference in cost between that and 95 with more Pro Boost.

For service schedules, they're in the FAQ on the SIDC site. I believe the Power Engineering website also has what needs to be done and when.

Matthew
Old 18 December 1999, 07:44 PM
Chewy
Scooby Regular

I have been using Sikolene for about a month now. The first time I put it in the car it took about 3/4 of a tank of fuel for the ecu to reset itself. I noticed a differnce in the performance and thus keep putting it in. It runs about 7 quid for a bottle which is about a tank full. I am running it with super, so I am trying to get to 100 octan. But probably running closer to 99. The car runs better and I don't mind spending the extra 7 quid. Even though I am used to paying 70 p for a gallon.
I hope this helps to decide what you want to do.
chewy
Old 18 December 1999, 09:05 PM
Greg Small
Scooby Regular

Try