Notices

Repair time

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 1999, 11:18 AM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
this may be a hard question to answer, but does anyone know how long it would take to fit a new front spoiler, bonnet and right wing to a '99. I ask this question because my dealer has quoted me about 2 weeks to get this done.

Thanks,
Sonu...
Old 11 February 1999, 01:05 PM
Jules
Scooby Regular

I would have thought that majority of those 2 weeks is the time needed to get all the parts in.
Can't see fitting taking more than a day (though I am no mechanic!)
I did hear though that bonnets take ages to come in (from Japan) as there are none in stock in the UK - Is that right ????
Old 11 February 1999, 06:25 PM
abetts
Scooby Regular

I reckon I could fit a bonnet, front wing and spoiler in less than a couple of hours including tea breaks; maybe less. The paintwork will take more time but certainly not two weeks; perhaps a couple of days. They must be talking about delivery times for the parts.

[This message has been edited by abetts (edited 11-02-99).]
Old 11 February 1999, 07:10 PM
TC
Scooby Regular

SONU; i pranged my MY98 on new years eve and it went in to our dealer 2ND week in january.We have just got it back today. Seemingly subaru uk did a stock check which slowed down ordered parts, and we still had to wait 2 wks for a bonnet!. The dealer had 7 turbo's in for repair including a "cat" with £12000 worth of damage!!!!!. I collected mine at lunchtime today in pristine nick ,drove the 40 miles home only to find a stone chip throught to the metal(gutted!).Anyway 2 wks sounds good to me.
Old 11 February 1999, 07:42 PM
sonu
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys. It just seems so hard to wait for a car that I love so much.

Anyway, before I handed the car over for repair, I got one of the garage's staff to sign a note with my car's milleage on it. This is to try and ensure they do not drive my car for fun. My colleague once got a car back from a service, with 300 miles added to his clock!

Thanks all,
Sonu ("Scooby dooby doo!")
Old 12 February 1999, 01:55 PM
grief
Scooby Regular

Apart from going elsewhere for your subsequent services, is there anything else the customer can do to stop cars being 'road tested' excessively when they're being serviced ?

Sounds similar to the dock workers practising their 0-60s in 22Bs before being delivered to the dealers/customers.

And does anyone know where I can find a 'Scooby Dooby Doo!' wav file on the web for my PC/Psion 5 ?