Notices

WRK Blobeye hesitation/lack of power

Old 27 April 2019, 07:05 PM
the1c3man
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRK Blobeye hesitation/lack of power

Hi Guys, I've had my 2005 blobeye wagon (105k mileage) for nearly 2 years but a forum noob.

I've had some hesitation for a while, seems to kick in around boost at 3k+, and really only felt in 3rd/4th gear pulls.

So far I've changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter and done an ECU reset but so far no luck.

So now I'm thinking its dirty/faulty injectors but wondered if some data logs would help also point the finger in this direction?

Here are 2 data logs from a 3rd and 4th gear pull, any issues with access please let me know.
I've checked these logs and it looks ok to me (a noob!).

Any help would be great!
Old 27 April 2019, 07:14 PM
the1c3man
Scooby Newbie

Default UPDATE

UPDATE: Looking around the internet for hesitation issues and found

"Valve cover gaskets & Spark plug tube gaskets (Do this if you find ANY OIL AT ALL on your Plug wire ends, or spark plugs or, if you see oil in the plug tube.)"

When I change the spark plugs I noticed oil on 2 spark plugs, picture below:

So is this the culprit???

Thanks
Old 27 April 2019, 09:49 PM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Were them plugs tight when you took them out? Could have been loose and blowing
Old 27 April 2019, 10:07 PM
the1c3man
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Croney
Were them plugs tight when you took them out? Could have been loose and blowing
Yeh, pretty sure they where, thanks.

I think for the price of 2 rocker gaskets I'll try it as a fix.
Old 28 April 2019, 08:59 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

I had an 05 blob wagon which had an intermittent misfire and cel around 3000rpm. It was on high 80000 miles. After replacing most of the ignition system with no luck, I had the injectors cleaned, and the car was transformed. Injector spray pattern in turboed vehicles is overlooked, but just as important as clean spark plugs. On my current impreza I plan to clean them at 60000 miles, so at your mileage it can only be for the good.
I used Injectorclean on Ebay, based in Devizes, and they were excellent.
Old 28 April 2019, 09:11 AM
the1c3man
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
I had an 05 blob wagon which had an intermittent misfire and cel around 3000rpm. It was on high 80000 miles. After replacing most of the ignition system with no luck, I had the injectors cleaned, and the car was transformed. Injector spray pattern in turboed vehicles is overlooked, but just as important as clean spark plugs. On my current impreza I plan to clean them at 60000 miles, so at your mileage it can only be for the good.
I used Injectorclean on Ebay, based in Devizes, and they were excellent.
Thanks for the reply, are they still on eBay, can't seem to find them? Is it an injector cleaning service? Thanks
Old 28 April 2019, 10:52 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Sorry, Injector tune, not clean
Old 01 May 2019, 07:37 AM
davemar
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is something I'm also keen to investigate being in a similar situation (similar car too). Having a quick look at the manual it says that to get the injectors out, the inlet manifold needs come off. To get the inlet manifold off, the coolant needs draining. Does it really need all that faff to get the injectors out?
Old 01 May 2019, 08:09 AM
the1c3man
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by davemar
This is something I'm also keen to investigate being in a similar situation (similar car too). Having a quick look at the manual it says that to get the injectors out, the inlet manifold needs come off. To get the inlet manifold off, the coolant needs draining. Does it really need all that faff to get the injectors out?
From youTube videos I've seen there are a few little bits to move and then unbolting the fuel rails and they should come out. I'm not brave enough to do this and can't really have the car out of action while I send the injectors sent away for cleaning. BUT there is a place near me that does and injector clean while they are on the car, has anyone else tried something like this?
Old 01 May 2019, 05:02 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

You can't clean and service injectors on the car. The deposits that prevent an ideal spray pattern need physical cleaning. On the proper service, everything is cleaned with ultrasound, the filter baskets are replaced, and the seals. They are flow tested before and afterwards, with a printout.
I removed them myself without removing the manifold, but the brackets that protect the injectors from impact are known as the brackets of death for a reason! I didn't bother replacing them