Notices

turbo for 370-400 bhp on a 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2018, 12:41 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Once again, your confusing your opinion with fact and slating people on their own experience and opinions.

People like you are the reason this site is going down the pan. Fact.

You can't comment on my suspension, my setup and my choices. Fact.

Stop with the aggressive posts on all members. It's not necessary. Calm your content down for the sake of everyone else.
Don't be upset snowflake.

I have cheap coils too so doesnt make you any less of a person.

Old 04 November 2018, 12:44 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

I must say smurf certainly does know his stuff
his advice to me
on the forum and off the forum has been invaluable
i respect his opinions he’s one of the few decent people on here that have genuinely helped everytime
i have needed it fair play I owe him more than a few pints
not everyone will get along on here that’s just the way it is

i never had an issue with domino
in fact the best part he has on his car is the 22 mm rear whiteline arb I sold him
he came on time and time again on my threads and comments
contradicting and arguing everything that went on between me and his buddy
when in fact it had nothing to do with him

the original question and the comment I made that set him off , the fp red is overkill for 500hp
fair more capable smaller turbos that will make that power with way quicker spool
And I have no issue with any of my comments since
his reasoning is because he likes to cut corners that’s the best way because it works for him
it rarely works out the way as we all know
Old 04 November 2018, 02:50 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy
Don't be upset snowflake.

I have cheap coils too so doesnt make you any less of a person.
Again, point proven. Every time you say something it just makes you look more of an idiot. Well done.

I haven't been in your car so can't AND DON'T comment on your setup because I have no experience of your cheap setup, positively or negatively. You haven't been in my car so have absolutely no place continually making your ungrounded and quite frankly personally insulting comments.

As it turns out, the many people I have taken out for a drive in my old car actually purchased the same equipment as me and the new owner of my car loves it as do his friends.

Once again... Comments based on THEIR EXPERIENCE.

Grow up man. You're an aggressive troll.

Last edited by BrownPantsRacing; 04 November 2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04 November 2018, 07:46 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
his advice to me
i respect his opinions he’s one of the few decent people on here that have genuinely helped everytime

in fact the best part he has on his car is the 22 mm rear whiteline arb I sold him

the original question and the comment I made that set him off , the fp red is overkill for 500hp
fair more capable smaller turbos that will make that power with way quicker spool
his reasoning is because he likes to cut corners that’s the best way because it works for him
i do like to wind folk up i will admit but christ i thought forums were ment to be even less PC than Facebook.

i quite like it when i get the same back, to be taught and insulted at the same time no that is special.
Old 04 November 2018, 07:52 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Again, point proven. Every time you say something it just makes you look more of an idiot. Well done.

I haven't been in your car so can't AND DON'T comment on your setup because I have no experience of your cheap setup, positively or negatively. You haven't been in my car so have absolutely no place continually making your ungrounded and quite frankly personally insulting comments.

As it turns out, the many people I have taken out for a drive in my old car actually purchased the same equipment as me and the new owner of my car loves it as do his friends.

Once again... Comments based on THEIR EXPERIENCE.

Grow up man. You're an aggressive troll.
Imagine how much more they would have loved it with a good setup :0

AS for turbo question id go latest garret g series 550 or a gen 2 gt30 pretty new tech

As with most things it depends on budget.
Old 04 November 2018, 08:35 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Ops after sub 400hp
Old 05 November 2018, 01:45 AM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Imagine how much more they would have loved it with a good setup :0

AS for turbo question id go latest garret g series 550 or a gen 2 gt30 pretty new tech

As with most things it depends on budget.
Know of anyone thats running a garret g series 550 ? Was trying to find out if they are doing the numbers but opted for a gt30 clinic in the end .
Old 05 November 2018, 08:53 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

From what i find nobody has even got close to 550 from the new one but it spools really well and its more of a gt28 replacement,

On a 2.5 your not gona be running mega boost either remember wouldn't expect much more than 400 as they claim 475 from the latest gen2 and we all know what yanky numbers are like,
Old 05 November 2018, 08:58 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Ops after sub 400hp
400 - 450 not much in it :P

If it had to keep costs down then just add some Ethanol and/or send the current one away to get work done, saves them pennys,

Old 05 November 2018, 09:32 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

So no personal experience on those turbos you recommended then Smurf?

Also, remember Shrek is still running standard 2.5 rods in his engine, so will max out at 450bhp absolute tops. I wouldn't want to go up as far as 450bhp without uprated rods personally. I would always go conservative where possible to improve longevity.

The rest of his spec looks great though.
Old 05 November 2018, 10:44 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

So no personal experience on those turbos you recommended then Smurf?

Also, remember Shrek is still running standard 2.5 rods in his engine, so will max out at 450bhp absolute tops. I wouldn't want to go up as far as 450bhp without uprated rods personally. I would always go conservative where possible to improve longevity.

The rest of his spec looks great though.
If its personal experiance then fire an SC42 on there, i got printouts from 427 - 487, but id like to think the latest garret would out perform stuff which has now been around for decades,

Given the SC42 is based off old garret stuff id imagine the gen 2 only improves on it,

Also they are so new there is very little results of them out there to compare with,

Saying that, the G25-550 is so small id expect the 2.5 to be able to safely max it, think they call it the 2560r which over on nasioc some say 450whp which those yanks see from a 20g lolol

https://www.garrettmotion.com/wp-con...ap-G25-550.jpg

Last edited by SmurfyBhoy; 05 November 2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05 November 2018, 12:08 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-par...let-turbo.html

or see how cheap you can pick this up for
Old 05 November 2018, 06:59 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I can solidly confirm on the sc42, excellent turbo, angry little turbo with minimal lag if any.
the gt2560'rs' is a great turbo too for around 400 with spool but you won't find one in stock Subaru fitment.

but Shrek is now doing a proper full build now and I'm sure he's looking a 500 turbo now.
Old 05 November 2018, 07:12 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
I can solidly confirm on the sc42, excellent turbo, angry little turbo with minimal lag if any.
the gt2560'rs' is a great turbo too for around 400 with spool but you won't find one in stock Subaru fitment.

but Shrek is now doing a proper full build now and I'm sure he's looking a 500 turbo now.
correct, starting early next year
Old 05 November 2018, 08:00 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta
correct, starting early next year
who is building the engine?
Old 11 November 2018, 06:51 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Rcm Uprights & a subframe on a classic dnt make a wrc car....quite alot more to it....
yes there is a lot more to it as I know as I'm the one building one ,,, thats why the shell has taken so long and has cost me a small fortune to build and why the parts to go onto it are still being brought and tucked away ready for when its finished ,,, having spent over £100k already I think I know what it will cost to finish my wrc spec build
Old 11 November 2018, 06:57 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
his advice to me

has nothing to do with cutting corners ,look at some of my other builds if you think this is the case as iv been building these motors for a long time now and have done quite a few big builds over the years and some of them were silly money to build , I do all my own work now (used to pay people) so I like to see how far some parts can be pushed before I have to change them and one place I like to do this is with my road car as its not pushed as hard as the track builds ,,, yes I don't go with the norm some times but it works out great for me and if a part doesn't work I just swap it out for one that does

as iv said before my car is working and will carry on working as I'm the only one working on it so if anything goes wrong its only me to blame instead of trying to point fingers ,, this is the main reason I started doing all my own work as I had a big Subaru tuner rip me off for a lot of work that wasn't needed and the blame game started and the only person who lost out in the long run was me , now win or fail its all on me

iv got nothing against you at all but you seem to have gotten very personal with me ,, my opinions about bob won't be changed by one persons bad experience as the man has helped me out more times than I can remember and thats all I was saying so regardless of what has gone on between you two my opinion will always stay the same and i can understand why yours will aswell

can we drop this now please and go back to just taking about cars in a decent way

Last edited by domino46; 11 November 2018 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12 November 2018, 08:55 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46
yes there is a lot more to it as I know as I'm the one building one ,,, thats why the shell has taken so long and has cost me a small fortune to build and why the parts to go onto it are still being brought and tucked away ready for when its finished ,,, having spent over £100k already I think I know what it will cost to finish my wrc spec build
Does that include an ECU :O

Is there a thread for it, i promise i won't troll it
Old 12 November 2018, 09:25 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

2 people can have completely different experiences with the same equipment or tuner at different times and can be left feeling positive or negative from dealings. This is quite normal and everyone has a right to their own opinion.

I used Duncan for mapping years ago and we got on like a house on fire, he did a fantastic job on my car and it ran without issue for years, yet others slate him based on someone else's bad experience on 22B and he generally has a bad reputation on these sites.

On my FSTI I was advised to use Andrew Carr for mapping as I was told he was the best available from other well respected members experiences. My first experience was terrible. He hardly said two words to me as he was so busy with so many cars to get through, I ended up with none of the features I wanted or asked for and no explanation why and even worse he made an error meaning that my car developed a fault that kept boost cutting. Took me 2 months of painful chasing to get a second meeting arranged to fix it. I was very nearly never going to use him again and would never have had a good word to say about him. Yet he finally arranged to meet me again on a weekend to fix my map and couldn't have been a more different person. He wasn't pushed to race through my map, we chatted, had a laugh, he mapped my car and the end results were great. It was such a great experience I let him map the car for a 3rd time months later.

So my point is, experience is a personal thing and everyone's own opinion is personal to them. Doesn't mean someone is more right than the next person. There should be no need for people to be aggressive to one another or slate someone else's opinion.

Agree with Domino, lets get back to talking about cars positively here.
Old 12 November 2018, 09:25 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Does that include an ECU :O

Is there a thread for it, i promise i won't troll it
That actually made me LOL