Notices

turbo for 370-400 bhp on a 2.5

Old 01 November 2018, 08:12 AM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by domino46
yes but mine isn't rotated and there is massive price difference between them

​​​​​Wasn't aimed at you but does also depend where you source your parts from as my turbo and twisted kit was 2nd hand ..

maz
Old 01 November 2018, 08:31 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz
​​​​​Wasn't aimed at you but does also depend where you source your parts from as my turbo and twisted kit was 2nd hand ..

maz
yeah I knew the history of my turbo and was low miles so went with it ,,, brought my RCM rotated kit brand new for my blob but doesn't make it any better than a second hand kit as long as it works as it should thats the main thing
Old 01 November 2018, 08:39 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Everything too expensive is it cheap skate ?
ecu too dear
clutch too deAr
Rotated too dear
turbo too dear let get a cheapie non billet yoke from America
forged engine already in car
Mapping too dear don’t pay for it must be gobbling your fella for services rendered
standard suspension too
what have you actually paid for ?
Old 01 November 2018, 11:25 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
ecu too dear
clutch too deAr
Rotated too dear
Mapping too dear don’t pay for it must be gobbling your fella for services rendered
standard suspension too
Its fine if you have an inconel exhaust and other WRC parts in your loft along with water cooled calipers and a 5k set of Reigers ..............
Old 01 November 2018, 12:11 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

The only thing in his loft is his blow up bob doll
the new YouTube sensation that he is
Old 01 November 2018, 01:16 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

ecu too dear
clutch too deAr
Rotated too dear
standard suspension too
Leave him alone he's a Scotchman
Old 01 November 2018, 03:29 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

The only thing in his loft is his blow up bob doll
the new YouTube sensation that he is
seriously guys can we not just give this a rest now as its starting to sound a little pre-school now..............
Old 01 November 2018, 03:31 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

yeah I knew the history of my turbo and was low miles so went with it ,,, brought my RCM rotated kit brand new for my blob but doesn't make it any better than a second hand kit as long as it works as it should thats the main thing
i have considered a twisted kit but its an expense i dont think i can deal with at the min. i did see a 2nd hand rcm kit on ebay for £900 but it didnt look complete.
Old 01 November 2018, 03:33 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Give it a rest guys...

Not everyone wants to / can spend thousands of pounds on random stuff that may (or may not) make things better. Sometimes we have to make do with cheaper bits, or bits we already have, or second hand bits etc etc.

Also, for a hobby (let's be honest, none of us are Carlos seinz), what's the harm in trying something cheaper to see if it works or not.

If it doesn't work, you've learned something, and if it does work, then great, it works.

Also, let's be clear... It's easy to be a cheque book tuner nowadays, with all the easy credit around, so almost everyone on this thread COULD get the absolute best ECU, with the best turbo, best exhaust blah blah by spending money (if they prioritised that way), so IMO it's all the more impressive if you can do it yourself without relying on a supplier selling you their vision (or more likely in many instances, what generates the most profit for them).

Old 01 November 2018, 03:40 PM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now wrong with 2nd hand bits . My complete engine was 2nd hand . 5 k or so miles. Turbo was off a sprint car . Brakes was 2nd hand . Headers 2nd hand . Front mount 2nd hand . What a cheap skate I am . Lol
Old 01 November 2018, 03:54 PM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Cant see where the cost is in the rotated kits,

Would be far cheaper to get one fabbed up
Old 02 November 2018, 12:03 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

ecu too dear
clutch too deAr
Rotated too dear
standard suspension too
well its a work in progress ,, meaning it works and I drive it until a part needs upgrading ,, got a rotated kit , got a closed deck 2.1 , got a spare 6 speed , got a twin plate waiting ,, anything else I need laying around lol,, try buying gobstopper billet uprights and subframes new as there worth more than your car and thats only a couple of the parts iv got for my track build so buying expensive parts isn't a problem when there needed

Last edited by domino46; 02 November 2018 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02 November 2018, 10:27 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Henrik
Give it a rest guys...

Not everyone wants to / can spend thousands of pounds on random stuff that may (or may not) make things better. Sometimes we have to make do with cheaper bits, or bits we already have, or second hand bits etc etc.

Also, for a hobby (let's be honest, none of us are Carlos seinz), what's the harm in trying something cheaper to see if it works or not.

If it doesn't work, you've learned something, and if it does work, then great, it works.

Also, let's be clear... It's easy to be a cheque book tuner nowadays, with all the easy credit around, so almost everyone on this thread COULD get the absolute best ECU, with the best turbo, best exhaust blah blah by spending money (if they prioritised that way), so IMO it's all the more impressive if you can do it yourself without relying on a supplier selling you their vision (or more likely in many instances, what generates the most profit for them).
Well said.

This is my personal motivation too. I don't use credit cards or loans for my hobbies or cars. If I can't afford it, I don't do it. All my toys are upgraded within my means by myself wherever I can. To be honest it's more fun and rewarding that way. I'd always do whatever I could myself, so long as it's not eating into valuable family time.

I have no problem with second hand parts, if they suit my needs and budget. Job done!
Old 02 November 2018, 10:51 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

I don’t do the whole credit card or loan thing either
my car and everything on it is paid for outright best of ya to be imo
Old 02 November 2018, 10:59 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

well its a work in progress ,, meaning it works and I drive it until a part needs upgrading ,, got a rotated kit , got a closed deck 2.1 , got a spare 6 speed , got a twin plate waiting ,, anything else I need laying around lol,, try buying gobstopper billet uprights and subframes new as there worth more than your car and thats only a couple of the parts iv got for my track build so buying expensive parts isn't a problem when there needed

At what point do you "need" to uprgade to Gobstopper billet uprights or subframe tho ?

Old 02 November 2018, 11:08 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Gave up replying to him he’s living in cuckoo land in all fairness
Old 02 November 2018, 11:16 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Gave up replying to him he’s living in cuckoo land in all fairness
Don't "need" an ecu tho.....

Old 02 November 2018, 09:21 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy
At what point do you "need" to uprgade to Gobstopper billet uprights or subframe tho ?

when your building a wrc spec car and nothing else fits due to it being a completely different set up
Old 02 November 2018, 09:27 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Don't "need" an ecu tho.....
no,, its clear as day that I don't NEED the ecu as my car is working just fine and has been for while unlike others who sit on the driveway cry wanking and blaming others as they can't build a car that works
Old 02 November 2018, 10:00 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=domino46;12033226]no,, its clear as day that I don't NEED the ecu as my car is working just fine and has been for while unlike others who sit on the driveway cry wanking and blaming others as they can't build a car

give it a rest your getin boring now
Old 03 November 2018, 10:20 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

when your building a wrc spec car and nothing else fits due to it being a completely different set up
Rcm Uprights & a subframe on a classic dnt make a wrc car....quite alot more to it....

Old 03 November 2018, 06:33 PM
scoobypaul_temp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raggy and Smurfy,
Seriously you two, give it a rest. Nobody on here has to justify themselves to you (or anyone else) if you don’t believe what Domino says, that is fine, just give it a rest, as it’s your constant badgering that IS getting boring
Old 03 November 2018, 06:42 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Had plenty to say about me and bob when the **** hit the fan
its a forum that’s the way it is
Old 03 November 2018, 06:59 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

It is a forum and everyone is free to speak their mind, but let's try not make it personal chaps. Everyone is allowed their own choices and opinions and shouldn't get attacked over their own likes and decisions like Domino has. Domino has always been a very friendly and helpful member.

Raggy, I like you and we've always got on just fine. Think you're a nice bloke.

smurfy, I've found your posts on most threads now to be getting more aggressive and pointed towards other member's. You're obviously allowed your own opinion but feel it's your way or no way and seem to be purposely rubbing people the wrong way. I've had to step away from threads where you've been pushing things too far unnecessarily. Just give people some space and courtesy please. I'm sure you're a nice chap too and I don't have issue with you and don't wish to start an argument. We all need to get along.
Old 03 November 2018, 07:21 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Cough! Hence I bother less with threads nowadays too, too many people feel like their better than the other, know more, have more, etc etc.
bpr you've hit the nail on the head, I just can't be bothered so I choose my threads wisely.
half the time I'm just sat here laughing at some people's reply's

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 03 November 2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03 November 2018, 07:31 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Sad but true Busta.

The issue is there are a lot of genuine members on here with good quality real world experience and respectful attitudes such as yourself, who get turned away from this place as I too have sometimes when things get unnecessarily nasty.
Old 03 November 2018, 07:41 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
Sad but true Busta.

The issue is there are a lot of genuine members on here with good quality real world experience and respectful attitudes such as yourself, who get turned away from this place as I too have sometimes when things get unnecessarily nasty.
I'm quite active on here tbf, I read a lot, but I won't reply or give my advice on half of them because the usuals have already replied with their thoughts and sometimes I feel if I reply disagreeing with that then I'll have a long winded thread with them hence I don't bother.
sometimes I do post as I'm hoping for the person asking the question to actually use their brain and decide who to listen to.
but yes it's a shame tbh, I have fb so still talk with the active certain members old/present.

tbh with regards to questions and querys, if you do enough research and use your noggin, you will find the answer that suits you best. I've always done it this way with everything I buy from shopping, household, electrical etc etc as I'm the type of person when I get something I think, wish I'd of bought that instead etc looool.
Old 04 November 2018, 10:40 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs

I'm quite active on here tbf, I read a lot, but I won't reply or give my advice on half of them because the usuals have already replied with their thoughts and sometimes I feel if I reply disagreeing with that then I'll have a long winded thread with them hence I don't bother.
sometimes I do post as I'm hoping for the person asking the question to actually use their brain and decide who to listen to.
but yes it's a shame tbh, I have fb so still talk with the active certain members old/present.

tbh with regards to questions and querys, if you do enough research and use your noggin, you will find the answer that suits you best. I've always done it this way with everything I buy from shopping, household, electrical etc etc as I'm the type of person when I get something I think, wish I'd of bought that instead etc looool.
The problem there is that folk can do research and find the world is flat with loads of links and proof to back it up....

Theres always more than 1 way of doing something, especially if u want to do it on budget or avoid buying parts u been told u dont need.

Far too many snowflakes spreading mis information.

The real experts are too nice not to slay these fools publicly and therefor a yes / no question becomes a debate.

However with the amount of idiots and folk who would still try disagree with facts you cant blame them as they would be forever doing that and never get anything else done.

Old 04 November 2018, 10:50 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing
It is a forum and everyone is free to speak their mind, but let's try not make it personal chaps. Everyone is allowed their own choices and opinions and shouldn't get attacked over their own likes and decisions like Domino has. Domino has always been a very friendly and helpful member.

Raggy, I like you and we've always got on just fine. Think you're a nice bloke.

smurfy, I've found your posts on most threads now to be getting more aggressive and pointed towards other member's. You're obviously allowed your own opinion but feel it's your way or no way and seem to be purposely rubbing people the wrong way. I've had to step away from threads where you've been pushing things too far unnecessarily. Just give people some space and courtesy please. I'm sure you're a nice chap too and I don't have issue with you and don't wish to start an argument. We all need to get along.
Lets not confuse opinions with facts

Your butthurt as i says ur sub 1k meisters were chinatown BS same as my cheapo BCs. Certainly not "proper" suspension by any means. Just cheap crap like most of the budget stuff.

Domino is too because his inferior ECU is holding his car back and the wrc parts he wipes the dust off once a month could have bought one to have it running better and safer.

Last edited by SmurfyBhoy; 04 November 2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04 November 2018, 11:18 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Lets not confuse opinions with facts

Your butthurt as i says ur sub 1k meisters were chinatown BS same as my cheapo BCs. Certainly not "proper" suspension by any means. Just cheap crap like most of the budget stuff.

Domino is too because his inferiour ECU is holding his car back and the wrc parts he wipes the dust off once a month could have bought one to have it running better and safer.
Once again, your confusing your opinion with fact and slating people on their own experience and opinions.

People like you are the reason this site is going down the pan. Fact.

You can't comment on my suspension, my setup and my choices. Fact.

Stop with the aggressive posts on all members. It's not necessary. Calm your content down for the sake of everyone else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: turbo for 370-400 bhp on a 2.5