Rally Spec Build - 94 Type RA

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2018, 03:07 PM
TypeRA94
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally Spec Build - 94 Type RA

Hi,

I am in the process of building a UK Rally Spec Subaru Type RA 1994, I need some advice on the following -

Turbo top entry to front entry
I need to convert this to allow for a reducer (MSA rules) on the inlet, is this easy to do? I have ordered the silicone hose to go under the manifold and 20mm spacers. But I have seen somewhere you also need to change the power steering pump, is this right? What else do I need to change?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Old 29 August 2018, 07:02 PM
edsel
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've recently converted my V2 RA from 90-degree turbo to front entry. I used spacers. I have to ask the question if you have to use a restrictor why do you want to go through the hassle of changing the 90 deg turbo? I'm not a racer so I don't know the gains.
The other and the possibly easier way (no first-hand experience) is to fit a later inlet from a v3/v4 car. This gives you the problem of the icv not fitting under the bonnet, maybe not a biggie with a proper race car where lumpy idling isn't much of an issue. This will save you having to switch to a parallel fuel rail the turbo inlet won't fit under a V1 - 2 inlets with the factory fuel rails, coolant piping and icv tubing. I could go on for ever so here's a link to my build thread on type ra.com includes pictures of the manifold spacers and pas pump conversion.

http://www.type-ra.com/subaru-forum/...d.14823/page-7