Air Conditioning Not Cold

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2018, 10:25 PM
Goldenballs16v
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning Not Cold

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a 55 plate Impreza WRX, upon acquiring it I noticed that the air con was not blowing cold so I have it checked locally. The test was passed and the system re-gassed (this was on 10th July). It was working fine for a week or so and in the last few days I have noticed that it is no longer cold, which seems bizarre, I have checked the fuse and relay, which are both ok. I have also confirmed that the compressor does appear to be working and the clutch does engage and disengage when the AC button if pushed. I have checked around all the couplings in the engine bay and cannot see any dye leaking etc....Any thoughts would be much appreciated....

My understanding is that if the gas had leaked out in that short space of time, the compressor wouldn't engage...

Its too hot not to have the AC

Thanks All
Old 21 July 2018, 08:11 AM
pjarvis6666
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

im in the exact boat with a vauxhall insignia (don't laugh ). Checked for leaks but cant see any dye. Going back to vaux next month meanwhile im dripping driving around
Old 21 July 2018, 10:35 PM
Goldenballs16v
Scooby Newbie

So spoke to my mechanic and forgot to mention but the car has also just started dropping a small amount of oil. So he thinks its losing gas, gonna check it over on Monday...will update after
Old 26 July 2018, 01:53 PM
davemar
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is in a similar situation, but there's no signal going to the clutch relay. It'll be interesting to find out what your problem is and whether it'll help me track down my fault.
Old 31 July 2018, 04:55 PM
Goldenballs16v
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by davemar
Mine is in a similar situation, but there's no signal going to the clutch relay. It'll be interesting to find out what your problem is and whether it'll help me track down my fault.
So the culprit was the AC Condenser, corroded and leaking. Now replaced and all seems well again...Fingers crossed