Notices

Meth and miles per tank

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2017, 05:54 PM
subarustel
Scooby Regular

Location: m25 and surroundin areas......need 500+horses again!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meth and miles per tank

Hi guys

I'd like to know how many miles to a tank are people getting running 10-20% meth maps

Also, if your car was mapped for meth but you filled up without meth and drove off boost would your car run rich and give you low miles per gallon?

Im toying with the idea of running meth. From my understanding though, miles per gallon isn't very good. A friend of mine claims 100-120 miles to a tank although he is known to talk alot of ****
Old 22 November 2017, 06:58 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Miles per tank will vary wildly at different power levels and driving styles, on average l use approximately 20% more fuel on a 20% meth mix.

Yes if your car is mapped for meth and you run it without then you will be running rich and using more fuel, always best to have dual maps incase you get caught out.
Old 22 November 2017, 07:15 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

a figure I was told, on 20% meth inclusion there would be a 7% increase in fuel usage. That's important if your injector duty is near the limit. Cost can be offset by the lower price of methanol over Vpower, the differential gets better if you buy say 4x25litre drum or 210litre barrel.
You really need a 2 map capability on your car, driving on straight fuel is not an option.
If it's a road car I wouldn't bother but for track and strip it gives you an added dimension.
There are health risks if you're careless and keep letting it contact skin, so wear protective gear. It is corrosive and it has an invisible burn.
I used it for about 3 years with no problems but eventually got fed up with the hassle that comes with using it.
Trev
Old 29 November 2017, 11:27 PM
Nezscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subarustel
Hi guys

I'd like to know how many miles to a tank are people getting running 10-20% meth maps

Also, if your car was mapped for meth but you filled up without meth and drove off boost would your car run rich and give you low miles per gallon?

Im toying with the idea of running meth. From my understanding though, miles per gallon isn't very good. A friend of mine claims 100-120 miles to a tank although he is known to talk alot of ****
with 10 litter meth and 50 litter of v power which is full tank I am getting 240 miles if I push it to its limited then its gets down to 220 miles
Old 29 November 2017, 11:33 PM
johnlogie
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly thought I was getting more mpg with meth than without, I might have been imagining it lol. Duel maps is good, tbh I very rarely use the meth map unless I’m doing a track day. I would never run the meth map with just vpower