Notices

Manifold removal - Will I need new injector seals?

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2017, 07:23 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Manifold removal - Will I need new injector seals?

I'm removing the manifold on my Blob STI to fit a Perrin intake hose. When I do this, do I need to fit new seals to the injectors? They're a bit pricey at £10 per injector! Thought they'd be half that in all honesty.
Old 28 June 2017, 07:35 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

you shouldnt need injector seals if your just removing the manifold as it all comes off together ,, manifold to head seals will need replacing though
Old 28 June 2017, 08:06 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Aren't the injectors going to be taken out as part of the process? I was under the impression that they would need to come out with the manifold. I've already ordered manifold gaskets and got some Phenolic spacers too. Just 6mm.

I was hoping to get away with reusing gaskets on one side of the spacers and new ones on the other side actually. Any reason to worry about that?
Old 28 June 2017, 08:27 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Right, found a guide then realised I am actually swapping my manifold for another one due to a knackered bolt hole on mine so yeah, I guess I will need seals. It's early.....
Old 28 June 2017, 09:55 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Cartay
Aren't the injectors going to be taken out as part of the process? I was under the impression that they would need to come out with the manifold. I've already ordered manifold gaskets and got some Phenolic spacers too. Just 6mm.

I was hoping to get away with reusing gaskets on one side of the spacers and new ones on the other side actually. Any reason to worry about that?

I wouldn't reuse the gaskets , had them leak more times than its been worth so I change them more or less every time the mani is off,, unless I have already done them not long before then I may try the old ones but if there the standard one I change them defo