Notices

Power Steering Leak + Water(?) leak - help?

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2017, 01:36 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Leak + Water(?) leak - help?

So, pulled up after a short drive from shops.

No.1 noticed a pretty steady trickle of clear, odourless liquid (assume water) from under the passenger side of the engine, seems to be coming from back of engine somewhere and dripping onto the front control arm and sub frame (for idea of location) - it stopped after 2/3 minutes but was a steady drop. Would this be aircon leaking?

No.2 In attempting to jack the car up to view the above leak, i noticed a second leak appear from the drivers side - looked like oil at first but noted that it was power steering fluid. I turned the steering without power and it seems to be th steering reservoir bubbling up under pressure and leaking - take it that may be knackered pump/lines/reservoir?

Any ideas on either?

Thanks.
Old 25 June 2017, 05:17 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

No1 - Air con extracted moisture draining away - normal for these recent conditions.

No2 - Seal at base of PAS reservoir ??

Last edited by Don Clark; 25 June 2017 at 05:19 AM.
Old 25 June 2017, 08:04 PM
stevekoz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would the Air Con cause a large puddle of water - even though it wasn't on? The car was also parked with the nose pointed downwards. I know its been hot in recent weeks, but that is the first time i've seen it do that and its been parked nose down before.

As for PS - its leaking from the top cap - like its under pressure and overflowing, but, i will check the seal. thanks.