Notices

Sti inlet onto wrx?

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2017, 06:29 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti inlet onto wrx?

When removing the inlet on my bug wrx i noticed one of the tgv position sensors is broken & just holding together. I've read sti's don't have the tgv's on there inlet. Is it a straight swap? My cars 2001 what year sti inlet can I use upto?
Old 19 June 2017, 07:04 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

There a few things to consider when deleting the tgv. Worth checking this informative thread:

TGV delete, before you buy

I've recently deleted them on my 2006 hawk sti diy style with no I'll affects to idle, but it's pretty warm at the moment where I am....!
Old 20 June 2017, 06:15 PM
scoobidy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the link. After reading that thread and a few others there doesn't seem to be any real gains from deleting the tgv's except it won't fail at a later date which isn't a bad thing as less to go wrong is always a good thing.
I've read they can cause problems when you start to push allot more power through them but I'm looking at low 300's so doubt this will be a problem at this level, if there was a extra 5-10 horses to be gained I'd do it but there's no evidence from what I've read of others experiences.........think I'll just fit a new sensor & be done with it
Old 20 June 2017, 07:47 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have some sensors and motors kicking around from the delete. Have a look if they can fit yours and pm me we can sort a cheap deal for them/it as they just taking up space on the shelf anyway!