Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2017, 01:41 AM
Nezscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MDX321V Turbocharger

Hi guys,

Just need a quick advice on mdx321v turbocharger

At the moment I have the S215 BILLET TURBO TECHNIQUE WITH CUT BACK EXHAUST WHEEL Fitted on my car 2.1 engine So I am thinking to get mdx321v turbocharger as I want 500 bhp but I was told that I need a downpipe to fit the MDX321V turbo in my car? as the S215 has different downpipe :/ also the mdx321v turbocharger dosen’t come with water pipes, gaskets, studs, braided oil feed pipe & oil pressure restrictor/adapter so can I use my S215 turbo water pipes, gaskets, studs, braided oil feed pipe & oil pressure restrictor/adapter for my MDX321V turbocharger?

Thanks
nez...
Old 16 June 2017, 03:30 PM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Pointless swap as they're very similar units in terms of their output.
I suspect that your restriction isn't the turbo itself but something else, lack of headwork, oe cams, wrong headers etc etc.
Old 16 June 2017, 09:13 PM
Nezscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MartynJ
Pointless swap as they're very similar units in terms of their output.
I suspect that your restriction isn't the turbo itself but something else, lack of headwork, oe cams, wrong headers etc etc.
How could it be the heads when I get the AVCS Heads cams I seen some good results out of the s206 turbos with OE Cams I think the only reason I am getting lower power could be because of the turbo as the S215 was made for 2.5 and 2.3l engines not for 2.1
Old 19 June 2017, 08:45 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The only difference between the 215 and the 205 is a slight cutback on the turbine wheel, that will slow down the turbine slightly but opens up the flow at the top end.
Yes we have seen good result out of OE heads and cams, however a change to better flowing heads etc may yield better results which is what your after. As I say, the turbo swap you're looking at IMHO won't yield a better result as the turbos flow similar amounts.