Notices

How to find parts numbers

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2017, 02:48 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts
Default How to find parts numbers

Looking for screws and clips to fit my rear arch trims back on, but can't workout the part number? thanks

Old 25 May 2017, 02:57 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Newage Jay?

http://opposedforces.com/parts/impre...llustration_1/

Last edited by ossett2k2; 25 May 2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 25 May 2017, 03:09 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Yeah Rich, Blobeye cheers, why are the codes on the diagram not not part numbers?
Old 25 May 2017, 03:21 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Yeah Rich, Blobeye cheers, why are the codes on the diagram not not part numbers?
Not sure Jay,I have a parts/service thing on disc for my classic and it gives the same sort of numbers as your picture,I always wondered why they're not part numbers?
Anyway that site opposedforces is very good for part numbers.
I got the site name from Don Clark

He can post the page to view rather than just the link! Not sure how he does that but he is the masters guru
Old 25 May 2017, 03:32 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

People have sent me the link for opposedfocres before, had forgotten about it so cheers, i wanted a parts catalogue as seen one on ebay before. How do the dealers find part numbers?
Old 25 May 2017, 04:23 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Not sure Jay?
Probably use something like opposedforces but without the annoying adverts lol
Old 25 May 2017, 05:20 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I would love a catalogue on my laptop Rich. Someone must know what companies like ICP use. As they can tell you over the phone if a part fits your car or not.
Old 25 May 2017, 05:36 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Looking for screws and clips to fit my rear arch trims back on, but can't workout the part number? thanks

The numbers quoted on the diagrams are "part codes" for a group of similar items that can have different part numbers depending upon model, body type, engine fitted, colour, LH or RH etc.

How do the dealers find part numbers?
Dealers use Subaru Fast II parts database.

OpposedForces uses the same data/diagrams but laid out in the form of webpages.

In Subaru Fast the part codes are all hot spot links which when clicked upon allow you to bring up the associated part numbers for that code.
Due to the number of variations/combinations available, searching replacement parts is made much easier if a VIN is supplied unless of course you are looking for updated/uprated parts from a different model.

Opposedforces changes the part codes on the diagrams to number sequences and list them under the diagrams.
Unfortunately some of the parts aren't listed, as it doesn't seem to have moved on from its beta version and only listing models up to MY07.

On your picture the main arch trims come with clips or nuts which don't seem to be supplied separately.

The lower section is held on with a tapping screw and a clip ( the clip being different for wagon or sedan)

Using this diagram as an example the Subaru Fast results below are for a MY05 Sti

Part Codes Highlighted

Listed results

Looking at this result it may look as if the trim clip for the sedan has pulled up the wrong part code, however this is the result of an ITCA (alternative part substitution) as shown here.....

Items 1&2 part numbers have a two letter paint code suffix, in this case MJ for Crystal Grey Metallic.

There are five different part numbers under the same part code for the same item depending upon it's colour

Old 26 May 2017, 09:02 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the info Don, looks like i'm going to have to search for this Dealers use Subaru Fast II parts database. As i need it in my life

They don't half make it confusing, i will come back to this thread for furture reference

Don Clark;11942470Dealers use Subaru Fast II parts database.

OpposedForces uses the same data/diagrams but laid out in the form of webpages.

In Subaru Fast the part codes are all hot spot links which when clicked upon allow you to bring up the associated part numbers for that code.
Due to the number of variations/combinations available, searching replacement parts is made much easier if a VIN is supplied unless of course you are looking for updated/uprated parts from a different model.

Opposedforces changes the part codes on the diagrams to number sequences and list them under the diagrams.
Unfortunately some of the parts aren't listed, as it doesn't seem to have moved on from its beta version and only listing models up to MY07.
Old 26 May 2017, 01:18 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

I've got this Subaru-fast 2 on my laptop,it came with the service disc I got for my classic,I didn't realize you could retrieve the proper part numbers from this.

Just having a play with it now,still not sure how to use it properly tho,most of the numbers I click on the diagram/illustration don't list a part number just a part code?

A quick pic on my phone sorry.

Old 26 May 2017, 01:46 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Jay I will let you have a copy of this Subaru fast 2
Not sure if the file is to big to email?
If it won't email then I'll sort something out,I could always make a copy of the disc for you and post it out to you if the email doesn't work.
Old 26 May 2017, 02:44 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Once you have double clicked the part code hot spot links (they need to turn red and then if you click more than one the previous ones will go green.

After that click the button in the top bar of the window with the magnifying glass and red exclamation mark and the table will be updated with the part number
Old 26 May 2017, 03:11 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

That's spot on and working a treat now
Thank Don
Old 26 May 2017, 06:48 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Wow we learn something new each day. Cheers for the offer Rich I might be able to download of line I will have a look. Looks like the piece of kit I've been looking for though
Old 31 May 2017, 09:00 PM
STI5300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used www.jp-carparts.com It even allows me to select a Type R parts list and part nos. JP might be in capitols.