Notices

One or two bubbles in overflow tank - normal?

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2017, 04:03 PM
Gerald81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Take small pipe of header tank put long pipe on in its place allow car to warm up place pipe under windscreen washer drive on boost and see what happens.

Ok so if I understand you right, let the car warm up fully first (e.g. 92C+) so that all the coolant the cap needs to release when engine is hot would have been dumped out into the overflow, then hook up the overflow hose so that it's pointed at the windshield, and go drive it hard and see if it sprays when boosting?
Old 02 September 2017, 04:05 PM
Gerald81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should also probably add that there are no obvious signs of coolant being pushed out from the overflow. The level rises maybe an inch and a half when fully warmed up, but is still far from the top of the tank. The underneath of the plastic yellow cap is always dry, and there are no stains around the edges (which should be obvious with the fluorescent dye).
Old 02 September 2017, 07:05 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerald81
Ok so if I understand you right, let the car warm up fully first (e.g. 92C+) so that all the coolant the cap needs to release when engine is hot would have been dumped out into the overflow, then hook up the overflow hose so that it's pointed at the windshield, and go drive it hard and see if it sprays when boosting?