Notices

Help 03 Wrx blobeye only boosting 0.5 bar!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2014, 04:32 PM
Davewrx03
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 03 Wrx blobeye only boosting 0.5 bar!!

Hi guys just got myself an 03 reg blobeye wrx and it's had an ongoing boost issue for the last two owners and hasn't been resolved! The car starts and runs fine no engine management light on ever but when you put the foot down it's very laggy and only hits 0.6 0.5 ish of boost then stays there but that's it, should be boosting more than that??it has a atmospheric forge dump valve on it which doesn't always dump and I'm just thinking if that's knackered and causing a boost leak? It dumps most of the time but not all of the time. Car has the pro drive pack fitted bigger exhaust on it and I'm not sure there's rumours it's been mapped before but unclear on this? The mileage is 65900 which is quite low. It doesn't splutter or stall or anything and there isn't any smoke apart from a small but every now and then if you boot it but would rather fix this first. Can't hear or feel any obvious leaks so I'm not sure what it could be? Any help would be appreciated?cheers! 👍
Old 14 May 2014, 04:35 PM
jacob360
Scooby Regular

may want to ignore my other post on your double thread, admin can probably close the other?
been told the vta valves are bad and shouldnt be fitted to fairly standard cars with maf sensors, so i would remove that first, any fault codes on the ecu?
Old 14 May 2014, 04:35 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try flooring the throttle in a high gear and pressing the rear dimister switch on and off. This may change the map
Old 14 May 2014, 04:39 PM
Davewrx03
Scooby Newbie

It's getting software put on it on Friday to check . See if it was mapped they could have removed some of the cells for certain things to stop the light coming on. I was gona try a standard dump valve back on it as I think it just causes problems on these things.hoping its a quick fix as I'm not hearing any major noises only other thing is she back fires a wee bit when she is revved and you can smell she is running a bit rich? Don't think it's mapped to the rear demister switch mate
Old 14 May 2014, 04:47 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

Does it have an ECUTEK remap? If it does then it could be the low boost setting. Had this with mine,foot hard down on the accelerator and quickly press the rear demist button on then off. Give it a try
Andy
Old 14 May 2014, 04:48 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

Sorry seen that cocker wrote this...oops
Old 14 May 2014, 04:56 PM
Davewrx03
Scooby Newbie

Lol so to avoid any uncertainty about the map I just went for a spin with it and there's deffo no switches etc to turn the boost up! It was done by a local guy that started doing maps! Back to the drawing board
Old 14 May 2014, 05:18 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

So you tried the demister button?
Old 14 May 2014, 05:26 PM
Athame1
Scooby Regular

Does the eml come on with the ignition and then go out ?

Have you pulled any codes ?
Old 14 May 2014, 05:42 PM
Davewrx03
Scooby Newbie

Ye tried the demister button it's deffo not that. Ye eml comes on and goes off with ignition. Haven't checked for codes yet and light doesn't ever come on? Dump valve blew some **** outbid the top of it yesterday like it leaked I duno I think duno valve ain't helping anyways
Old 14 May 2014, 05:46 PM
Athame1
Scooby Regular

That sound like your problem. Get a standard one, the breakers on here are good

Last edited by Athame1; 14 May 2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: R
Old 14 May 2014, 07:11 PM
Davewrx03
Scooby Newbie

Cheers guys ! I'll report back with hopefully the resolution!
Old 16 May 2014, 05:52 PM
Davewrx03
Scooby Newbie

So I got the car checked today and eveything seems to be fine bar there's a low voltage going to the boost controller and it's not working to make the correct boost. When you over ride it with the computer it's makes boost fine through all the gears so the guy thinks it's water ingress on a plug or In the Ecu so gona clean and check these connections and try that. Unless there's a break in a wire for the boost controller anywhere? If that fails gona run a new wire from Ecu into boost controller to give it enough voltage to work it properly. It threw up a lot of bogus fault codes because of this and the guy is a subaru but and knows these cars and had a spare one there so he changed and checked most sensors and all that jazz. So hope this will fix it. No boost leaks either!