Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Few days in Turkey....

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2011, 02:19 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few days in Turkey....

Just got back from a relaxed week in Marmaris, Turkey………..

4 days good sunny weather, 3 days dull and cloudy but it was a break, so not complaining…….

Took lots of photos (300+), but only with a point & shoot compact camera, so not my usual quality – but they will do to be the memories

Didn’t see or hear any Scoobies over there – not surprised when the average monthly wage is only 500TL, or about £200-£250 in our money, so few could probably afford one!

This amphitheatre was around the corner from my hotel, which was interesting, still used for pop concerts etc today…

Marmaris Harbour had some stunning boaty things…….

Had to go on a Jeep Safari – be rude not to……….

Lots of mountain views everywhere, two of which are shown here…….

Even found a nice waterfall area, but difficult to get the exposure settings right due to the amount of shade and bright sunlight, but this one works….

Final day, I went to the Lycian Rock Tombs (300B.C.) and Turtle Beach, where the Leatherback Turtles crawl up the beach to lay their eggs……. Zoom on the compact was not good enough to get any closer to the Tombs, but this one isn’t too bad…..

Was glad to be back home though – missed the Scooby too much – everyone drives so slowly over there……. !!
Old 26 May 2011, 03:20 PM
snake1906
Scooby Regular

Pics look great m8 im going there next week end cant wait although the weather forcast is not great over there at the moment,ive never been turkey before so im hoping it will be nice as ill be there for 2weeks,went tenerife last year... Never again!
Old 26 May 2011, 08:32 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice. We stayed in Icmelar a couple of years ago. It's just down the road and we ventured in to Marmaris a couple of times. We had a great time in Turkey.
Old 26 May 2011, 10:32 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Nice. We stayed in Icmelar a couple of years ago. It's just down the road and we ventured in to Marmaris a couple of times. We had a great time in Turkey.
That's Icmelar in the foreground on the first of the mountain views, with Marmaris in the backgrouind (the big cruise ship you can see is in it's harbour)... Icmelar definately is less "British" out of the two and strangely enough, that's where the Jeep Safari left from!
Old 27 May 2011, 05:54 AM
spally
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Looie

Was glad to be back home though – missed the Scooby too much – everyone drives so slowly over there……. !!

nice pics. but th above comment you sure??? been to turkey a few times and every cab i've been in or road i've been on, they drove like they all stole their cars!!! lol
Old 27 May 2011, 09:00 AM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by spally
nice pics. but th above comment you sure??? been to turkey a few times and every cab i've been in or road i've been on, they drove like they all stole their cars!!! lol
Not where I was they didn't!