Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

ESOC Meets

Old 25 July 2017, 12:22 AM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESOC Meets

Due to personal circumstances, myself and others can not currently continue to arrange/organise/promote meetings at The Rodney Inn or The Lodge, as such, the remaining meetings planned for this year are unlikely to go ahead unless someone else wishes to take the reigns and pull the ESOC out of the ever diminishing state that it is in.

It is disappointing that there hasn't really been much momentum over the last year or so, but due to other things going on and other clubs being...dare I say...more proactive and responsive to "the times" it's of no surprise that the numbers attending meetings has been low.

To add, there is no 'official' leader or active creator of the club around, so if anyone wants to have a bash, crack on!

For any new (or old) members who find this post, the 'in' place to be appears to be via Facebook, and probably the ESC (Essex Scooby Crew). That club appears to be more active and suitable should you wish to meet local, like-minded people. I appreciate some older members may quiver at the thought, but since you've not bothered your ar$e to go to the regular ESOC meets what do you expect?

Last edited by Rab555; 25 July 2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old 25 July 2017, 12:31 AM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Just to add, giving it's late and I'm here alone, I moved from Scotland to Essex 6 years ago and over that time, have travelled the hour or so to as many meets as possible and enjoyed almost all of them, except when I've been hungover (which was many given the meets were on a Saturday). I've met some great people, but am not impressed with how the clubs been left to run itself...how did a Scotsman find himself in the position in having to tell English people that their club's fell into a hole?
Old 02 August 2017, 08:50 PM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Hi, I'm only passing.

Fair play on you. I can sense the frustration...

The fact it has taken a week since the OG post for someone to reply (me) says it all.

Unfortunately this page has been left to die.

I remember great nights under Wongy during the old OG ESC days.

But this page had a nominated and voted member who has not taken ownership of growing the group. Whatever their reasons the admin team appears have an axe to grind, driven by personal feelings towards sections or styles of how a car club or modified car scene should be.

Unfortunately the general feeling on the ESC FB page is that the Scoobynet page is an unwelcoming, judgemental and not a very pleasant place sometimes. The various nasty threads regarding the FB ESC (or even Youscoob, which is a different thing altogether), the code of conduct, lack or activity, dos and don'ts etc , all add to it.

It feels almost this page is only for the purest forms of the brand, an elite club, one for owners of the exotica Subaru.

When really there is no such thing, these a Japanese mass produced tins.

If anyone is reading this from the ESOC group and has not made the jump over I'd recommend you check out the ESC FB group in more detail. Every one if extremely friendly, more regular meets than you can shake a stick at, a great community feel to the group and genuine nice people.

Just leave your misconceptions and judgments at the door

Search this Thread