Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Specifics on tuning a 2.0 N/A R Sport

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2018, 09:07 PM
jamalhammond7
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specifics on tuning a 2.0 N/A R Sport

Hey all, im new to the forum so i appreciate every help and opinion that is given.

Im just turning 20 so for all that say "get a WRX", is sadly not an option right now. I would like to think of myself as a huge car fan and would like to consider myself an enthusiast in my future. This is i suppose why i really want to start my jap car career. I also am not a huge fan of hatchbacks which is why im tired of my 1.6 Fiesta Zetec S.

I surprisingly dont really care to much that the R Sport is not a Turbo'd Impreza, but i do care that its not the quickest for a 2.0 160 BHP subbie: as it only does 0-60 in 8.5-8.8 seconds. Every has said that there is no way for the GX model to gain reasonable BHP apart from weight loss. But is that the same for the R Sport? With the considerable BHP increase? Lets say i did a stage 1 tune for an R Sport, would this be a feelable increase with a little weight shed, or would it barely increase the BHP and would barely decrease the 0-60 time? I dont speed so i dont care about high end power/top speed but i really only care about low end power, throttle response and torque i suppose.

Basically what im asking is if its possible to shed 2ish seconds of the 0-60 with a stage 1 and some weight loss. Ive looked into prices and im hoping that all together i could possibly do it for around £1000. But is that even worth is the question? Im just not sure if i can wait 2-3 years not doing anything towards my passion or buying a care i might possibly not enjoy?

I appreciate any help any advice, thanks.