Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Sticky throttle issue ?

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2018, 05:56 PM
Treebo88
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sticky throttle issue ?

Hi all, just got myself a lovely 04 turbo wagon :-) now I had this issue on a prev wrx also a 04 plate but back then it never bothered me too much... this time it seems to annoy more than it should lol

basically while driving gently it's ok soon as I put my foot down to half throttle or more and let off between gears it seems to take a second or so for the throttle to let off so sometimes it sounds like I'm on the clutch too early , it's more annoying than anything as I don't floor her all that much lol.

I'm thinking throttle cable is worn or possibly the butterfly valve is gacked up a bit so maybe a clean will help, I also read somewhere about a relearn but I'm unsure if that only applies too a fly by setup ? Or if it would Still apply here as cable is all mechanical isn't it ?

Any help would be appreciated it's just one of those things I'm not sure how long I can drive it till I have a mini hissy fit like a 2 year old lol
Old 27 April 2018, 09:33 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

have you checked the cable isn't sticking anywhere? get someone to operate the pedal whilst you check the movement under the bonnet. Also could be the idle air control valve messing about but you'd need to log that with the laptop to see what what it's doing.