Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Code P0037 and mapping it out

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2018, 08:50 AM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P0037 and mapping it out

As above really.....

My track car is running a full decat system and only has the one o2 sensor in the headers. My eml is on and the code is for the rear o2 sensor, bank 1 sensor 2.

Now the car runs fine, afr is slightly ot at ideal but bang on everywhere else.

Now I’m led to believe that it can be mapped out, and apparently mine is switched off but it clearly isn’t, it’s getting checked over again tomorrow so we’ll check this again so hopefully the light will be off.

Question is, when it’s priperly mapped out, and the ecu is no longer searching for readings how does it adjust or settle down with a better afr @ idle?

As far as I’m aware, all the sensors are switched off so I can’t fathom why the light is coming on for the rear sensor.
Old 09 February 2018, 09:22 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

P0037 is "rear o2 low input" so likely not all the codes have been switched off for it (P0037/P0038/P0136/P0139/P0420) and if it's a WRX with the uppipe cat removed you can also bin the EGT sensor odes (P0546/P0545/P1312/P1544). It's also important to remove the sensors as well as disable the codes. The code disable prevents errors from being flagged but if the ECU is getting input from the sensor (be it right or wrong data) you can still end up with strange things happening.

On most cars the rear o2 isn't doing much for AFR correction, the input is used with a light adjustment to AFR to confirm if the cat is working.

The front o2 and MAF sensors are doing all the heavy lifting in respect to corrections - what readings are you getting at idle and what's your A/F learning/correction values looking like? For a track car i'm guessing you're on a speed density setup so might be a little tweak to the VE table needed. If your still on MAF then it could be a sensor on the way out or a simple air or exhaust leak in the system.
Old 09 February 2018, 04:49 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

All sorted now, it was still switched on.

No eml now.

Afr is spot on, there was a slight tear in one of the vacuum pipes to the inlet manifold, it was hidden by the FMIC pipe so I removed it and cut away the bit that was torn, all good now.

We managed to get it running 1.4bar and it was pulling well, only issue I'm having now is switching between boost settings and knowing whether I'm in low or high. I'm not sure whether it works sometimes when I do the "foot to the floor & press de-mister switch" because sometimes it doesn't feel any different.

I've ordered a boost gauge so I can actually see what boost I'm getting.

Last edited by Wull; 09 February 2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09 February 2018, 05:18 PM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ahhh ECUTek man - believe can switch maps with the ECUConnect+ phone app now as well but hard to beat a proper gauge in your eye line especially on a track car. Look for some oil pressure/temp as well to complete the set if you don't have already.
Old 09 February 2018, 05:21 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bludgod
ahhh ECUTek man - believe can switch maps with the ECUConnect+ phone app now as well but hard to beat a proper gauge in your eye line especially on a track car. Look for some oil pressure/temp as well to complete the set if you don't have already.

That’s the plan but I’ve only ordered the boost gauge just now as I need to know for sure......the car needs to get a power and weight test for sls and it’s no use if I don’t know what setting it’s on.
Old 10 February 2018, 08:07 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by bludgod
going by there site its only 04+ that allows for map switching via the app

thanks for the info though as didn't even know it existed lol