Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Borg warner efr 7670 twin scroll internal wast gate

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2018, 04:50 PM
Fox r
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borg warner efr 7670 twin scroll internal wast gate

Hi, has anyone had one of these ?
ive spoken to an engine tuner today who said it was hard to map so just wanted to hear if anyone has had any experience with one. Any mappers out there with any info?
Thanks
Old 05 February 2018, 05:24 PM
B9SLJ
Scooby Regular

The mapping is no different to any other turbo, it’s making it fit that’s more of a challenge as nobody makes anything off the shelf to fit. My mate ran an efr7064 twin scroll on his car. Made 500bhp and fullboost by 3500.
Custom T3 twin scroll up and downpipe fabrication was needed to make it fit

Old 05 February 2018, 07:09 PM
Fox r
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by B9SLJ
The mapping is no different to any other turbo, it’s making it fit that’s more of a challenge as nobody makes anything off the shelf to fit. My mate ran an efr7064 twin scroll on his car. Made 500bhp and fullboost by 3500.

good to see the first reply is a positive one! Who did the pipe work for you?
Old 06 February 2018, 06:24 AM
edger-360
Scooby Regular

pole position Willenhall junc 10 m6
Old 07 February 2018, 09:08 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B9SLJ
Having spent days and days and days faffing about with one recently we'll agree to disagree on that one.
I've had numerous conversations with tuners all over the world on the short comings of the internal wastegated versions of the twin scroll BW units and we all came to the same point of view. It just doesn't work nicely.
You can faff about with spring rate, preload, solenoid types and number of ports on the solenoid and the wastegate capsule. You never get quite where you want to go and decide ***** to this and switch to 2 external gates.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm a massive fan of the BW turbos and I run a 9180EFR on my own drag car with great success. The long and short of it though is, in my experience they are best used with an external gate or not at all.

Martyn
Old 07 February 2018, 07:08 PM
B9SLJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MartynJ
Having spent days and days and days faffing about with one recently we'll agree to disagree on that one.
I've had numerous conversations with tuners all over the world on the short comings of the internal wastegated versions of the twin scroll BW units and we all came to the same point of view. It just doesn't work nicely.
You can faff about with spring rate, preload, solenoid types and number of ports on the solenoid and the wastegate capsule. You never get quite where you want to go and decide ***** to this and switch to 2 external gates.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm a massive fan of the BW turbos and I run a 9180EFR on my own drag car with great success. The long and short of it though is, in my experience they are best used with an external gate or not at all.

Martyn
All th ones I knew of were external gated.
My mates was twin external wastegates. I didn’t realise ther were internal gated Borgy
Old 07 February 2018, 08:14 PM
madwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the BW kit is a very nice package but twin EWG is a packaging pain in the **** in the tight confines of a scoob engine bay-luckily theres a good few turbo options at this level that will take standardish up and down pipes.
Old 08 February 2018, 09:31 PM
B9SLJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madwrx
the BW kit is a very nice package but twin EWG is a packaging pain in the **** in the tight confines of a scoob engine bay-luckily theres a good few turbo options at this level that will take standardish up and down pipes.
The twin wastegates were fitted on the headers before the uppipe on my mates car with twin screamer pipes exiting through the side of bumper
Old 08 February 2018, 11:38 PM
madwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like a fair bit of faff for a 550+ turbo really -completely custom headers ,up and down pipes-plus twin gates- bet it sounded awesome though-
cheaper with a gtx 3076R with internal wgate imo