Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Syvecs displays/bluetooth help

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2017, 12:37 AM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Syvecs displays/bluetooth help

Hello all, as part of my blob upgrades I've chosen to go with the Syvecs S6pnp as i've heard nothing but good things about it vs other cheaper alternatives.

I've noticed theres a bluetooth module available for running a tablet etc so my questions are

does anyone have a pic of their car running a display via syvecs/bluetooth?
how do you find it for data logging and cal switch etc?
Anyone using an aftermarket dash like a stack/delta via syvecs?
Is the bluetooth module actually needed or is there a wired option?

I currently have a toucan touchscreen kit with sensor pack which is yet to be installed so would be keen to know if theres a larger display option as I'm an old fart with fat fingers and fading eyesight

Wifey is due to upgrade her ipad mini soon so I could inherit that for the car

Many thanks
Old 04 October 2017, 06:10 AM
Cullenmin
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also be interested in peoples views and info on this as I'm thinking about doing the same in my Type R.

Cheers
Rich
Old 04 October 2017, 12:09 PM
Dan_RA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding is that the Bluetooth module doesn't allow data logging via the app, however a wifi module is also available.

Syvecs offer an alternative to the Toucan, called a Plex, available in 3 different varients depending on requirements.

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/displays/plex-dash/

Extensive bit of kit, not as cheap as Toucan, but has substantial features to work along side the Syvecs its self.
Old 07 October 2017, 11:26 PM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rickybobby
Hello all, as part of my blob upgrades I've chosen to go with the Syvecs S6pnp as i've heard nothing but good things about it vs other cheaper alternatives.

I've noticed theres a bluetooth module available for running a tablet etc so my questions are

does anyone have a pic of their car running a display via syvecs/bluetooth?
how do you find it for data logging and cal switch etc?
Anyone using an aftermarket dash like a stack/delta via syvecs?
Is the bluetooth module actually needed or is there a wired option?

I currently have a toucan touchscreen kit with sensor pack which is yet to be installed so would be keen to know if theres a larger display option as I'm an old fart with fat fingers and fading eyesight

Wifey is due to upgrade her ipad mini soon so I could inherit that for the car

Many thanks
http://www.syvecs.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

Very old video

For a cal switch, it is very hard to beat the simplicity and speed of change of a nice rotary switch. Switching by any other means is largely a novelty that would soon wear off in the real world.

I'm sure many are using different dashes...that may not mean they were what you want or need ? So what do you want or need from a dash ? And what sort of budget, as good dashes tend to be very expensive. More expensive than they really should be.

Is the BT module needed for what exactly ? Or a wired option for what ?

Toucan should get it's info from the Syvecs anyway, so you would only need to add sensors that are not already in place for the engine. And yes there are larger display options available, but it again boils down to exactly what you want, you need and your budget.
Old 14 October 2017, 01:43 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

The main thing wth a syvecs is to make sure you have he sensor pack, that way you know the ecu is looking after everything. On my set up I have a number of gauges in addition to the sensor pack, so I can keep a visual check on things, I also have the BT fitted and run the app from my phone so I can have a check of the other sensors my gauges don't cover, I have kept the original cal switch as I trust a nice big switch more than an app on my phone, the BT module is useful but the best option would be the syvecs dash, as mentioned the logging etc is done in the ecu and pulled off via the syvecs software on a laptop.