Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Mapping your own ECU..... if it's got ECUTek?

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2017, 06:52 PM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mapping your own ECU..... if it's got ECUTek?

I've only just started reading about all this and there's so much to take in. From what I've gathered, only a program called ECUEdit will allow this. Apparently it doesn't remove the ECUTeK lock but allow you to edit the ECUTeK map. Is that correct?

Also, it sounds like there's some sort of add on needed to do it. Does anyone know where that can be obtained from?

On the map itself, do you need to learn anything specific about ECUTeK or are the tables etc. just the same as with any map? I'd be interested to know more about maf scaling and also how can you find out which order the injectors are firing in if you suspect there may be some questionable wiring in your loom?
Old 07 August 2017, 08:56 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

tables are exactly the same for the most part, unless you've got a map with the racerom features installed in which case it's very different and your ecuedit software won't work on it.

Sometimes its easier to get a second ECU that's not been flashed and just opensource tune it yourself, your local dealer/ecutek tuner should be fit to pair that ECU with your car so you can start tinkering.

MAF scaling - there's a lot to it but the process itself is simple enough, get yourself over to the romraider forum and start reading up
Old 07 August 2017, 09:00 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Cheers will do. I'd really like to get into this at some point.
Old 07 August 2017, 10:34 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

ECUedit Pro the one you pay for will bypass ecutek lock,

I use it on mine,

It will allow you to rip the map that's on it and edit it, or upload a completely new one from scratch,

Sure its only on the 16bit ECU tho....

The log viewer and SSM software that comes with it is very handy,

That software along with my Tactrix cable are best things i have bought for my car,
Old 07 August 2017, 10:58 AM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SmurfyBhoy
ECUedit Pro the one you pay for will bypass ecutek lock,

I use it on mine,

It will allow you to rip the map that's on it and edit it, or upload a completely new one from scratch,

Sure its only on the 16bit ECU tho....

The log viewer and SSM software that comes with it is very handy,

That software along with my Tactrix cable are best things i have bought for my car,
Awesome. So are you running Pro or ProExt? ProExt has the following lsited:
"Custom security access (lock) for 32bit Subaru ECUs, including CAN-equipped cars"

That sounds like it might be what's needed? Or am I getting my wires crossed? $200 though
Old 07 August 2017, 11:09 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay Cartay
Awesome. So are you running Pro or ProExt? ProExt has the following lsited:
"Custom security access (lock) for 32bit Subaru ECUs, including CAN-equipped cars"

That sounds like it might be what's needed? Or am I getting my wires crossed? $200 though
Yep , the most expensive one unfortunately,

That's the one, not cheap no but worth it if that's what you plan to use it for,
Old 07 August 2017, 11:28 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

yeh - that wont work if the car has a racerom feature applied to it - going by the pic in your signature it's a 32bit car so if you have racerom on there you'll have to replace the ECU if you want to tune it (or have it reverted to stock by an ECUtek tuner).
Old 07 August 2017, 11:42 AM
SmurfyBhoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bludgod
yeh - that wont work if the car has a racerom feature applied to it - going by the pic in your signature it's a 32bit car so if you have racerom on there you'll have to replace the ECU if you want to tune it (or have it reverted to stock by an ECUtek tuner).
Not sure if this is correct but here's what i thought,

16 Bit - Lock is permanent, ECUtek dealer cant help you new ECU required, (or ECUedit Pro+)

32 Bit - As Bludgod says, Lock can be removed from dealer, or new ECU required (ECUedit cannot help if this is case)

Correct me if I'm wrong just what i worked out when looking into it for my car,
Old 07 August 2017, 12:36 PM
Jay Cartay
Scooby Regular

It's a widetrack Blob I'd be looking to use it on, not the other one that's on my avatar. No racerom.