Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Esl changing the maf values

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2017, 07:42 AM
Chrismgsti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esl changing the maf values

Hi is there an easy way to rescale your maf or is it best to go maffless ?

I am not wanting to run mad boost but current one is not good at IDLE as car is rich.

if I go maffless where is the best place to position the temp sensor?
Old 06 May 2017, 12:11 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

The IAT sensor can go just before the throttle body,intercooler pipe is a good place.
Have you worked on the fuel table to try get the idle to lean up a bit rather than playing with the maf scale?
What do your fuel trims look like?
Does your AFR gauge read 14.7 on idle?
Are you fully decatted?

Last edited by ossett2k2; 06 May 2017 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06 May 2017, 01:28 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As above and also Is your injector scaling correct ?

its a compromise between injector scaling being suited to WOT and below 3k where the 02 sensor does its thing.

If your 02 sensor is working correctly you should still be at stoich at idle, if your rich at idle id make sure the 02 is working properly and also the injector scaling isnt too far off

i had to adjust my MAF calibration but it was way too lean at low load not rich, now it runs perfect but my fuel trims are adjusted quite alot as i had to richen it up via the MAF calibration so the 02 tries to pull all that back , as i say, its all a compromise of what you want, good fuel trims or lean at certain throttle settings or wacky fuel trims but a better running car etc etc
Old 08 May 2017, 09:33 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

as above, shouldn't be much need for maf scaling unless there's something wrong. o2 corrections should be getting you to 14.7 on idle (or are you detecting richness via calibrated sense of smell?).

Check the fuel correction table to see what the ECU is trying to achieve, check the o2 reading to make sure it's actually doing something and check to make sure closed loop disable is off (zero, not 1). On boost just adjust the fuel table to get the readings you want on the wideband, it shouldn't be miles and miles out unless there is a leak somewhere.