Notices
Driving Dynamics Driving techniques (trail braking, power slides, donuts, scandinavian flicks, etc), and vehicle dynamics (roll centres, c/g weigh transfer, etc)

Sri steering rack in to a bug wrx

Old 11 November 2017, 08:25 AM
Smee126
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sri steering rack in to a bug wrx

Hi hoping someone could help. Long story short my front subframe rotted out on my bugeye wrx and I inherited a replacement subframe but it turns out it’s for a 2005-2007 wrx with the round steering rack mount points and not the square mount point on the drivers side. Seeing as it’s a new subframe I’d like to keep it and looking online I’ve seen people saying about fitting sti racks on to wrx’s. I was wondering if it is possible and if anyone has done this before and what was involved. Thank you in advance for any advice
Old 11 November 2017, 08:30 AM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No difference in the racks from same year and model unless its a jdm rack which will be a short ratio.
Old 11 November 2017, 08:42 AM
Smee126
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by **jay**
No difference in the racks from same year and model unless its a jdm rack which will be a short ratio.
Cheers for the reply, so if I was to get a 2005 steering rack it should fit the subframe and pipe work for it line up ok? My car is a 2001 if that makes any difference

Search this Thread