Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

"EXTERNAL-WASTEGATE & SCREAMER-PIPE"

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2005, 08:14 PM
projucer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "EXTERNAL-WASTEGATE & SCREAMER-PIPE"

...i would like some advice regarding the above from you guys... what are the pros and cons of the above (is it legal / will it pass MOT?) - do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages or is it the otherway round! what is the sole purpose/use and benefit of the above and are there any alternatives... finally who could sort it out in terms of supplying and fitting it to the vehicle and what sort of price am i looking at!

all the above just for that 'sound'... put simply is it worth it?

projucer
51 reg classic wagon (NOT jdm)
Old 02 June 2005, 01:12 AM
Red Suns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by projucer
...i would like some advice regarding the above from you guys... what are the pros and cons of the above (is it legal / will it pass MOT?) - do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages or is it the otherway round! what is the sole purpose/use and benefit of the above and are there any alternatives... finally who could sort it out in terms of supplying and fitting it to the vehicle and what sort of price am i looking at!

all the above just for that 'sound'... put simply is it worth it?

projucer
51 reg classic wagon (NOT jdm)
all i can say is they sounds on my friends R33 GTR..... i dont think it will pass MOT, cos you need a FULL decat anyway...
Old 02 June 2005, 12:03 PM
wrrjones
Scooby Regular

yes it would pass mot if you had cat in the main exhaust .. there is no way in hell that the mot man would need to bring the car on boost to the extent of opening the wastegate ... as for advanteges .. on the bigger turbos they offer better boost controll .. been thre done that lol.... chris