Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Diff/gearbox

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2019, 05:20 AM
Rock god
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Diff/gearbox

Hi people still a bit new to this so here is a question that’s probably bin asked many times before so here goes
i have an sti ppp 6 speed dccd 55 plate got access to a ramp later today and want to change diff/ gearbox oil,need to know how much in each and good brands to use
sorry it’s been asked many times but I haven’t got time to scroll through as it’s 5 10 in the morning and I’m off out on a job and as usual I’ve left it till the last minute so I’ll pick up any answers later and get the oil needed,many thanks in advance
Old 17 January 2019, 07:59 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock god
Hi people still a bit new to this so here is a question that’s probably bin asked many times before so here goes
i have an sti ppp 6 speed dccd 55 plate got access to a ramp later today and want to change diff/ gearbox oil,need to know how much in each and good brands to use
sorry it’s been asked many times but I haven’t got time to scroll through as it’s 5 10 in the morning and I’m off out on a job and as usual I’ve left it till the last minute so I’ll pick up any answers later and get the oil needed,many thanks in advance
probably a bit late but you need just shy of 1L of LS specific diff oil for the rear diff and for the gearbox you need around 4L of non-LS specific gear oil i believe 75/90 (millers would be my choice)
Old 17 January 2019, 08:07 AM
Rock god
Scooby Regular

Yeah bit late but much appreciated for the reply,I noticed oilman was posting so gave him a call and all sorted,I have had stuff off em before for my Datsun 260 z which has a 3.1 stroker in it so top man will get cracking on it sat morning
Old 17 January 2019, 08:17 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock god
Yeah bit late but much appreciated for the reply,I noticed oilman was posting so gave him a call and all sorted,I have had stuff off em before for my Datsun 260 z which has a 3.1 stroker in it so top man will get cracking on it sat morning
just make sure the diff oil is LS specific
Old 17 January 2019, 12:23 PM
Rock god
Scooby Regular

Oil just arrived